The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

2015 Ski Southeast Summit at Snowshoe Mountain 2/28 - 3/1

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
grinderstation
Beginner

that video. I remember bein at the top of cup run with Rob S. southeastcoaster? Started, several times, roughly even with him, skating as hard as I could, then straightlining cup, and still ending several hundred yards back. without a doubt the fastest I've ever gone on skis, remember thinkin if I fell I was going to the hospital. and still all I saw was his back.

That dude could move.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Yeah ODB followed Rob on a first run in Utah one time....last run of his trip.
Great to see the Shoe gave up the goods this weekend. I have to make it up there for the SNOWSHOE SUMMIT one time.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

It was great to meet some of you guys ! you are a very special group of folks and some awesome skiiers . I hope to get in the action a little more next year.
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
davidski
Expert

First -- it was a good weekend, although fever topped 104 when I got home sunday, been shivering and hacking since then, did see a doctor but flu is flu, probably would have been bad anyway, enough of that

I was at canaan, from opening to about 3 fri (purple fiddle Thurs nt) it was beautiful, about perfect

Oh wow --- snowboarders sitting in a line across a slope

actually it was the Burton people doing stuff off the slalom shack roof
------------

Got to Snowshoe in time to get over to Silver Creek and share some beers on the porch and make a lot of runs, I love that friday night ritual.

Made it to the Rusted Root show, the band was great and the roped off area was actually pretty sweet because the room was packed, saw more folks there, also great. I was in a surly mood at first after having been patted down twice TSA style coming thru the door and waiting twenty minute in an elbowing crowd for a beer. Transition from Canaan/Whitegrass to Snowshoe is always a shock to my system

Sat. made the morning meet up, lots of runs shared

Western territory was very nice but got more crowded then I've seen

I was in deep denial of my symptoms and decided I had to do an excursion, as Spydee's video showed, I still don't have that route nailed but it was deep and utterly untracked

After laying around in my room for a while I rallied to meet up for Mikes thing, get more night runs and meet at Hoots, only for a beer and a shot though, frankly there were way to few of us representing, and I was pretty much spent. Wish I'd made first tracks!!
bfeller
Intermediate

2slikstix wrote:Yeah ODB followed Rob on a first run in Utah one time....last run of his trip.
Great to see the Shoe gave up the goods this weekend. I have to make it up there for the SNOWSHOE SUMMIT one time.
Oh yeah - EastCoaster led me, ODB and OldSchool the first day in Utah. Alta. In a Snowstorm. It might have also be foggy. My first trip out west. I made three turns before falling (or maybe fell three times before my first turn) over my tips and into some fine deep powder.
bfeller
Intermediate

Spydee - that was another great video. The music is kickin it.
OldSchool
Intermediate
Tagline: ......................I Love Cold, Rain and Snow!

Nice Work! A fine TR!

Teh old Shoe is looking good.....

And it is about time to get everyone out WEST for a REAL Summit AGAIN!

They are open til the end of April out there...just sayin :mrgreen:

Cheers!
"Like Tater tots in the broiler"........ sometimes they smoke

Hey Bo! Hamme one dem beers!...
bfeller
Intermediate

I have put some thought into going back to SLC for a second trip this year....
swamphox
Expert

Looks like conditions were awesome. i wonder how late Snowshoe will stay open this yr?
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
SnowshoeGuy
Beginner

swamphox wrote:Looks like conditions were awesome. i wonder how late Snowshoe will stay open this yr?
They told us April 5th. In 2014 they closed a week early and in 2013 they stayed open a week later so it may be a crap shoot.