The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Snowshoe 1/25/15

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

FROZEN
Hit the WT for rope drop, unfortunately the snow was groomed concrete and to make matters worse I brought my pow skis thinking there was going to be some fresh or at least leftovers from Fri/Sat.

The little precipitation that fell overnight was liquid and froze, leaving thin layer of ice.

Did a few laps on Says and Cupp. Lots of carnage at bottom. Headed back to basin and made several runs off Ballhooter lift. Snow was much better...must of blew snow or the grooming was later (after frozen crap). Headed back to WT after lunch, temps rose and the snow softened up to made for some good stuff on the sides. Tried to meet up with skipanther but we never found eachother. The trees and lift lines have a first covering, not enough to ski but the start of a base. Should be ready next weekend.
skipanther
Advanced

Yeah,I had a late start and didn't get to the WT until 3:30 or so!
davidski
Expert

nice reports -- I'm glad you are getting in days, training days for Vail? Fun as hell anyway
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Yup! 7 days in mid-March.
skipanther
Advanced

How much are lift tickets for Vail,I know they aren't cheap?That place is huge though!
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

I picked up a 4 day Epic pass couple months ago for $370 or so. Well worth it IMO. Window price for single day was $139 last year.
jt3
Intermediate

+1 on epic pass! The only way to go. Pays for itself quickly.