The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Colorado 2015 Tour- Breck, ABasin, Loveland, Keystone, etc

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
jt3
Intermediate

Ive been in Breck since the 17th. We got a few nice surprise snow events. Was forecasted to be minimal flakes and we got a an 8, then a 6 then close to 3.

Spent a bluebird day exploring the mtn.

Then we got some snow...

Went to ABasin for a tour. No one there, flakes flying. pretty beat up, but lots of places to find fluff if you don't mind working for it.

Zuma Bowl ABasin

and one lap at Loveland - Was 1 degree out

Went to Keystone for scraps today and was NOT disappointed. If you don't mind hiking, theres so much to get to. The inbound scraps were great, the earn your turns stuff was epic.

Im sure glad the altitude doesn't F with me. lungs were still on fire today.

Headed back to Keystone for a Kat tour tomorrow. Ill be here another week and will hit more Breck, then Vail, Beaver Creek and some other fill in stuff soon. Id sure like more fresh, but cannot complain so far. Maybe after a warm few days of groomers, ill get over it and go get lost somewhere
Last edited by jt3 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pagamony
Advanced

very nice, keep em coming. i can fool myself into thinking i recognize even those tree shots at breck. if you get another blast Loveland will not disappoint.
Timski
Beginner

Nice report on what looks like an epic trip in spite of the warm conditions, most impressive.
RMacSki
Advanced

Very spectactular... like pagamony said... are those tree shots off 6 chair at breck?
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
jt3
Intermediate

RMac - in the little gullies between 10 and 9
jt3
Intermediate

Took at backcountry guided cat tour at Keystone today. They take you back to all of the bowls like Independence Bowl, Bergman Bowl. and Erickson bowl. Guides James and Julian put us in some great snow, 4 days after last snowfall. Different cat operation here at Keystone. They run only 1 cat per day and only if its good. they just opened it yesterday and they didnt think they could make it past tomorrow. Needs a good reset.

They bus you to the gondola, and you take that up to the cat. from there, you get a little confidence run in and from there, its on. Full long ass runs. They put you in a different spot each time and find the goods for the guests. Great time. Very reasonable price wise, compared to other cat tours I've done. They charge 255 for the day and feed you lunch in the Yurt after about 5 runs. Got a total of 10 insane runs in some great areas today.

davidski
Expert

excellent work. I'm really enjoying this report... a little jealous, I admit

The cat stuff looked awesome especially given the conditions thus far... also I'm glad you hit LL pass

Keep Reporting, it's great
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

That is bucket list stuff for me . Awesome scenery and pics!
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
RMacSki
Advanced

heck yea. keep at it
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
jt3
Intermediate

Thx. Took a day off today to recharge. Should be a fun slush day tomorrow at breck with almost 50 degrees forecasted. Snow again Tuesday into Wednesday. Plan to explore Vail and beaver this week.