The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

SUPER BOWLLLLLL

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

Being a high school football official in ATL gave me the chance to call a few of Cam's high school games. He was like a man playing with kids. I wish he could show a little class at times but it is what it is. Panthers should roll .
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
skipanther
Advanced

The lowest prices are around $2700,2800 but that's not what will get you,it would be the hotel prices,plane ticket,rental car,etc!
Enceladus57
Beginner

Even Bozo the Clown would be embarrassed by Newton's lame act. :D
yardsale
Expert

skipanther wrote:The lowest prices are around $2700,2800 but that's not what will get you,it would be the hotel prices,plane ticket,rental car,etc!
plane tickets could have been had for about 25k frequent flyer points which is nothing really, hotels for 20k reward points, nbd there either. car rental companies were quoting about $12/day. the ticket would easily be the biggest expense
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
skipanther
Advanced

Bragging about being spoiled huh!
yardsale
Expert

skipanther wrote:Bragging about being spoiled huh!
not really, just saying its not the other things that will "get you". prices arent as inflated as you'd think
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
skipanther
Advanced

Sounds like you have to travel a lot to get those points to me,traveling a lot can be expensive and $12 for car rentals on Superbowl weekend in San Fran,I don't think so!I've also heard that the hotels were charging 4,maybe 5 times the average rates in a city that is mucho expensiave(sp)!
adm1n
Intermediate

I’m a “Carolina Guy”. I was born and raised one. However in this particular case MY Carolina colors are South Carolina Gamecock garnet and black. I am really, really, really pulling against the Panthers tonight. All of my family are Panther crazy. I even purchased three Panther shirts from Dick’s Sporting Goods on Saturday to give to members of my family who will be watching the game tonight and pulling for the Blue and Black.

I really like their coach, Ron Rivera. I appreciate the drive and talent – and really like – Greg Olsen, Luke Kuechly, and Josh Norman. I wish I was Cam Newton’s agent because that is one talented human being. He is a great looking young man with a smile that is off the charts. His physical abilities are seemingly limitless as he appears to be a “man among men” on a football field. His passes have vapor trails behind them. He MIGHT BE Superman. I just don’t like it that HE calls himself that more than anyone else.

If I was FORCED to bet money on this game, I would HAVE to place my hard-earned money on the Carolina Panthers to win, because I think they have the best talent and they simply have a vibe that seems unstoppable this season.

However on this particular Super Bowl Sunday I am hoping that the Denver Broncos put Cam Newton on his butt and keep him there all game long. I think there’s a chance that the Panthers will win this game in lopsided fashion. I’m hoping for the reverse of that. I don’t like Cam Newton for the same reasons that I don’t like Johnny Maziel.

So today I will be pulling for the class QB of the NFL to go out winning one more Super Bowl. I’m hopeful that he’ll hang up his cleats after this game. So for me…it’s the Denver Broncos and Peyton Manning for today.
yardsale
Expert

skipanther wrote:Sounds like you have to travel a lot to get those points to me,traveling a lot can be expensive and $12 for car rentals on Superbowl weekend in San Fran,I don't think so!I've also heard that the hotels were charging 4,maybe 5 times the average rates in a city that is mucho expensiave(sp)!
or open an airline credit card just once in the past year or two. the average sign on bonus would have been enough for 2 flights at that rate. you wouldn't really know what the prices were since you didn't look them up
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

LOL. I went to Sugar for the Super-Bowl. There may have been 30 people there. I win, for sure!
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!