The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Colorado hiking TR: Lost Creek Wilderness

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
KneeDeep
Expert

My g/f and I headed about 2 hrs southwest of our house (we live about 15 min north of Denver) to an area called Lost Creek Wilderness. This part of the state is more like Utah than CO- huge boulders everywhere and nice smooth rocks strewn across the mountainsides. The trail we went on was about 8 miles with ~2k feet of elevation gain. If you're in the area and have the time to get here (Thinksnow, make a point of it!), I highly recommend it. The scenery is beautiful, and isolation is just one of the feelings you'll have. Enjoy the pics!

Unknown mountain on the dirt road to get to the trail:

The dogs (Tasker on the L, Yoshi on the R) getting ready to go:

Sarah keeping an eye on the boys in the water:

A view from the creek at the bottom to the top of the mountain across the valley:

Sarah taking in the views:

Me and the boys with a pretty sweet backdrop:

A view of another valley at our turnaround point:

Part of the trail we had to squeeeeeze thru to get there:

Sarah's been lifting for weeks in preparation for this:

The boys get to cool off on the way back:

Just to show my 'sensitive' side:

kadamk7878
Advanced

you get major cool points for those pictures

________

Water Bongs
dreamnofpow
Expert

nice pics, nice dogs, nice gf. :lol:
KneeDeep
Expert

Easy!
ma267
Expert

Man, I dont know if i could do the squeezing through rocks. Thats how that guy got his arm stuck in a boulder and had to cut off his own arm. But nice pics.
SkiCop
Expert

ma267 wrote:
Man, I dont know if i could do the squeezing through rocks. Thats how that guy got his arm stuck in a boulder and had to cut off his own arm. But nice pics.

You watch too much TV. I didn't even see a boulder in that pic.
KneeDeep
Expert

Yeah, they were two huge boulders we had to sneak thru.... we weren't exactly worried about them falling on us though.

Bump for the morning crew...
admin

Really cool pics, Kneedeep.
Think Snow
Intermediate

i saw the TR on tgr and i think we are going to head down there this weekend
KneeDeep
Expert

I'm glad you saw this... its a definite must-do in the Denver area. I'm trying to find info on the LCW on the internet, there's got to be other awesome trails down there. I know there's a book on the area, but I don't feel like spending the $$$ if I can find it for free.