The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Photography and I

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
afrobigfoot
Expert

KneeDeep

Im using Adobe Photoshop

You need to open up your picture, and make sure you are looking at the full size picture, not like %25 of it, or something like that. Once its %100 go to "layer" then when the drop down box appears click " new " then go to the box that pops open and move the little bar over to 20% opacitiy. Once you click okay, go to the text box, and type in what ever you like. Hope that explains it, im not good at it.

TDave, I never thought about what youre saying, but now I see it. I think if i had a picture of my cat actually playing with a toy or with our other cat, or attacking our dogs, that would probably evoke more emotion. Right?

Maybe not

But thank you :D
afrobigfoot
Expert

I really enjoyed taking pictures of those horses in the field.

Any comments or tips???
SkiCop
Expert

What horses?
afrobigfoot
Expert

In the middle picture

You cant see them?

Normally my screen seems too dark compared to other people but i can see the horses in this picture.
SkiCop
Expert

I can see them, but the whole picture is quite dark to me. It may just be my screen.
afrobigfoot
Expert

The lower park of the picture is pretty dark. But i like the light silhouet (i cant spell) of the horses
ma267
Expert

Is that the parkway?
admin

I like the tower shot. The horse photo is too dark, I agree with that. If the horses were more highlighted, the photo would work well for me. The road shot I am not too sure about. I think it is missing something, but can't quite pinpoint it.

I like the geometry of the tower photo as contrasted by the cloud formations overhead. That photo would not be the same if shot in color. You made a good choice. Hey, is this art 101????? :lol:
admin

all we need to do is find a way to get you to montana.....a couple of shots of us and you might achieve national acclaim....
SkiCop
Expert

I think if the road shot was cropped down from the top, it'd be more balanced.