The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Hotel rooms and the internet

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

From now on one of the questions I will ask when making reservations is "do you have a real wi-fi or just some piece of crap router in the lobby" Stuck in a Hotel right now w/ the latter. By the way, the Hampton in Boone had a great system. we were up on the second floor towards the far end and got full bars.

Imagine the angst we would be going through if the Utah crew could not post...
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
SkiCop
Expert

Where you at now?
hnhbaxter
Expert

SkiCop wrote:
Where you at now?

Hunkered down in Naples Florida. Today was "one of those days" but tomorrow should be a little smoother.
SkiCop
Expert

Wife kick you out?
hnhbaxter
Expert

SkiCop wrote:
Wife kick you out?

No chance of that. 17 yrs. of fun and counting. I travel quite a bit throughout the state for work purposes. This is about as far as you can get away from skiing w/out visiting the keys.
SkiCop
Expert

Been there. I've got an uncle from NC who winters in Naples. Pretty cool down there.
hnhbaxter
Expert

SkiCop wrote:
Been there. I've got an uncle from NC who winters in Naples. Pretty cool down there.

It had potential but they let the land development outpace common sense. The beaches in the state parks are still great but are jammed in tight against the urban crush. It will be good to bolt when the grind is through.
SkiCop
Expert

In his younger days, Uncle Joe avoided that crush by joining a nudist camp. Never went there, but the stories were enough for me.
hnhbaxter
Expert

SkiCop wrote:
In his younger days, Uncle Joe avoided that crush by joining a nudist camp. Never went there, but the stories were enough for me.

SkiCop
Expert

I think you might not really want pics. It seems old Joe never married and is now in his late sixties. He may have been a "funny uncle." Either that or he was much game for the ladies.