The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

NC Season passes?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
jt3
Intermediate

I’ve had gold pass and sugar passes in the past. Beech is running a solid sale right now and generally is about half of sugars pricing. Sugar is up to 860for a pass or 84.00 per day! Crazy pricing, especially how crowded it’s been last few seasons.

If you’re buying a pass, what did you get?
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Ikon Pass all the way haha.
WOOOOOO!

davidski
Expert

Monarch and Indy
jt3
Intermediate

The only non-NC pass Ill have it Grand Targhee. Struggling to find the value in the NC passes after the last few years. It's been so overcrowded at Beech and Sugar particularly, it hasn't been that enjoyable to me...

Good to see a post from ya @davidski !
David Orr
Beginner

Season Pass at Sugar...got mine before June 30th because it is cheaper, we live on Oma's, and I usually ski early in the week. You are right about weekends!
marzski
Advanced

jt3 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:16 am The only non-NC pass Ill have it Grand Targhee. Struggling to find the value in the NC passes after the last few years. It's been so overcrowded at Beech and Sugar particularly, it hasn't been that enjoyable to me...
This season I've got Ikon and the MCP. Skipping Indy because I've got too many trips out west planned. Had a good time using Indy in western MA and at West Mountain just north of Albany last season.

Will you be at GT in late February? I'll be there for a couple days. Driving from SLC to Big Sky with a couple of ski buddies.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
jt3
Intermediate

@marzski I’ve been posting up in January for a month and a short trip again early march.
almost good
Beginner

Ha! I turned 70 this year so I can ski for free everywhere, at least everywhere I'm likely to go.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

David Orr wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:32 pm Season Pass at Sugar...got mine before June 30th because it is cheaper, we live on Oma's, and I usually ski early in the week. You are right about weekends!
How excited are you for the new lift on Oma's?
WOOOOOO!

David Orr
Beginner

theKENDOG wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:59 am
David Orr wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:32 pm Season Pass at Sugar...got mine before June 30th because it is cheaper, we live on Oma's, and I usually ski early in the week. You are right about weekends!
How excited are you for the new lift on Oma's?
100% ...been watching the slow process most of the summer and fall. They have moved the lift further to the skiers right and have redesigned the area at the base of the lift to make it a little safer and easier for thru traffic. Also added a few more Snow Guns to the run....I cannot wait.