The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

NC Season passes?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
marzski
Advanced

Just noticed that App is using RFID for lift access this season. Who has never used RFID before?
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
WVULINK
Beginner

theKENDOG wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:37 am
EOTiger wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:05 pm Regarding passes, do you guys ever see any other NC resorts jumping on the Indy pass? Living in Greenville SC, I would love to have another 1 or 2 around here to make that more enticing for local trips.
If any of them were to join it, I'd say Beech would be it. Definitely can't see Sugar joining and App is a unique place, more geared towards terrain park and families.
If Beech, App, or Sugar joined Indy Pass I'd buy one immediately. Cat alone in NC isn't enough local incentive for me. Winterplace and CV being on Indy Pass is nice, though. I wonder if Timberline will ever get on Indy?
johnfekete
Beginner

DAVID ORRRRRRRRRR omas run rotttssssssssss . One of the worst blue runs i ever skied in my life. Went down it one time and that was too many times for me., By the way its a green trail anywhere up north. The trail is not interesting at allllllll, not even a little dip or drop nothing boringggggggg you greenhorn. ALL BLUE RUNS AT BEECH AND SUGAR and im sure appplachian are alllll terribleeeeeeeee. If the black runs are not open in North Carolina dont get out of bed or go mountain biking. Even i got a season passs im only going once a season with no black runs unless i got a secret rendezvous..
nOW EAGLE SWOOP is good blue run Winterplace meadow trail. THEY WASTED MONEY PUTTING A NEW LIFT AT OMASSSSSSSS CRAZY FOOLS they need me to run the mountain.
johnmelton
Beginner

johnfekete wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:58 pm DAVID ORRRRRRRRRR omas run rotttssssssssss . One of the worst blue runs i ever skied in my life. Went down it one time and that was too many times for me., By the way its a green trail anywhere up north. The trail is not interesting at allllllll, not even a little dip or drop nothing boringggggggg you greenhorn. ALL BLUE RUNS AT BEECH AND SUGAR and im sure appplachian are alllll terribleeeeeeeee. If the black runs are not open in North Carolina dont get out of bed or go mountain biking. Even i got a season passs im only going once a season with no black runs unless i got a secret rendezvous..
nOW EAGLE SWOOP is good blue run Winterplace meadow trail. THEY WASTED MONEY PUTTING A NEW LIFT AT OMASSSSSSSS CRAZY FOOLS they need me to run the mountain.
I would guess the two main reasons for the new lift on Oma's is, Oma's is one of the more North facing, (for snow making, retention and quality), and wider/uncrowded slopes that Sugar has. My favorite lift at Sugar almost never runs, the GW lift, and if they could connect the bottom of Whoopdedoo/Crossover to the top of GW run, that would make for some fun laps.
johnfekete
Beginner

I agree gunters lift is good lift omas trail is too flat no fun