The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Thinking about new boots & skis

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
dj
Advanced

I took my old boots in to Ski Country in Asheville to see about new liners. Craig was very helpful and made some adjustments to the boots to make them last a bit longer and be more comfortable (he made more room for my big toes). He was also very kind and showed me some new Dalbello IL Moro MX 100 boots that fit really well :D

He continued the extreme kindness by showing me some new skis as well :lol:

He suggested I demo some of the skis while I'm in Colorado. I've found all three he suggested at Vail SKi Tech. I'm going to try:

Head Kore 93
Nordica Enforcer 93
Blizzard Bonified

all in ~180 cm.

Anybody have or tried any of 'em? Any suggestions for others to try? Anybody rented/demoed from Vail Ski Tech?

I currently ski 186 cm K2 Apache Recons. They're a little long, but I got them at such a deal I couldn't pass 'em up from the late parisanddrewsdaddy via these very forums.

Thanks,
dj
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

I have a few friends that ski the Brahama and really like them.
I've rented at Ski Tech. I like Troy's Ski Shop better....located in the village near Gondola 1.
dj
Advanced

Thanks, I'll check Troy's out. Ski Tech won't guarantee I can try all 3 that I want. Reasonable enough, but I'll see what Troy's can do.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

BaZinGa
Advanced

I have older enforcers and love them. Also just got a new pair of Dalbello Panterra and so far like them a lot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

boredtoo
Beginner

For reference, I'm just over 6 feet tall and weigh around 170 pounds, and I've skied the Enforcer and the Bonafide. As I recall, the Enforcer was a softer, more forgiving ski. I rented it in a 180 earlier this year in Steamboat. Thirty-six inches of new snow fell while I was there, so I never had the chance to test its stability at higher speeds, but it did everything I asked of it and worked very well in those conditions. Very easy to ski overall, and was nice in the bumps. The Bonafide is a far less forgiving ski, which may be a good or bad thing depending on what you're looking for. If you like to fly, I have never found a speed where the Bonafide started to chatter. It is rock solid, but can overpower those who aren't ready for it. If I was getting the Bonafide, I would go with something shorter than 180.
dj
Advanced

Thanks for the detailed info. I do like speed and very seldom have an opportunity to get in anything deep.

I'm hoping to try all 3 and see how they feel.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Ah KGW rain gotcha feeling down. I'm thinking wakeboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk