The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Colorado next week

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
davidski
Expert

Anyone else in Colorado next week?

I'm flying standby monday, Berthoud pass tuesday

then either loveland and sunlight and utah

..or the alternate reality Monarch , Purgatory and New Mexico

My plans are unsettled, anyone else out there?
brigand
Beginner

I am at Vail next week, Feb 25th through Mar 1st :) I think we are going to try and do some night skiing at Keystone, and maybe a day at Breck.
dj
Advanced

I'll be at Loveland Monday the 24, A-Basin Tuesday the 25th and Vail Wednesday the 26th. I'm not sure where we'll go Thursday. Maybe back to Vail, maybe Breck or Copper, or even Cooper since it's close to Leadville. We may hike/snowshoe instead.

Hey, brigand - looks like you snowboard. I'll be with a guy who rides. Maybe we can make a few runs together. Have you been to Vail before? It's my first time there. We'll be driving up from Leadville for the day.
jt3
Intermediate

David - 'Ill be in Steamboat this Sunday for the week. IF you head that way, let me know and I'll get you my cell.

JT
davidski
Expert

Well I just got settled into Idaho Springs for the night. Tomorrow I skin and hitchike a half day at Berthoud pass and then probably south for one day at monarch then Wolf creek then maybe all the way down to purgatory if they really do total out at 20 inches

Brigand and dj, I might be at Loveland Monday but probably that's when I'll fly back

If not let's try to ski for a half day or something, I have an LL pass and so can get a significantly cheaper walk up rate for one other person per day. Let's update later in the week.

jt3, I would love to ski with you a day at steamboat but given the storm pattern and that all the places with free days on the loveland pass are more south I don't think it will work logistically for me. But storms can change! and thus do plans
brigand
Beginner

dj wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:07 pm I'll be at Loveland Monday the 24, A-Basin Tuesday the 25th and Vail Wednesday the 26th. I'm not sure where we'll go Thursday. Maybe back to Vail, maybe Breck or Copper, or even Cooper since it's close to Leadville. We may hike/snowshoe instead.

Hey, brigand - looks like you snowboard. I'll be with a guy who rides. Maybe we can make a few runs together. Have you been to Vail before? It's my first time there. We'll be driving up from Leadville for the day.
I do both - probably just snowboarding this trip though, unless conditions suck, and then I'll switch to skiing. I have been to Vail once before about 5 years ago, but I only skied then. I'm going up with another snowboarder. Shoot me a PM when you're out there - we will be trying to find some powder on the backside :)
dj
Advanced

davidski wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:00 am Brigand and dj, I might be at Loveland Monday but probably that's when I'll fly back

If not let's try to ski for a half day or something, I have an LL pass and so can get a significantly cheaper walk up rate for one other person per day. Let's update later in the week.
Sounds good to me. I already have our lift tix for the day. I doubt I can keep up with you, but I'd love to meet you and learn what I can by watching :)

I'll PM you my phone number.

dj
dj
Advanced

brigand wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:11 am Shoot me a PM when you're out there - we will be trying to find some powder on the backside :)
I'll PM you my phone number too. I have lifties for Vail on Wednesday.

If we do get into powder you'll get to watch me fall all over the place :D I'm used to our Southern Appalachian hard pack and ice. I can't get the hang of staying on my heels and don't keep my skis close enough together. I've only skied deep fresh snow (I'm reluctant to call it powder) on the Meadows at Catalooche a handful of times.

I've already decided to try to get a two person lesson if we get a big snow while we're there.