The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Sugar Mtn

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
gpatton78
Beginner

I may have missed something, but why is there no mention of Sugar Mountain on any ski reports, etc...? Not a Sugar apologist, but was curious as to why they are rarely mentioned on the site?
Dean
Beginner

Hmm. Interesting. No, not really. I don't ski there.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

gpatton78 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:02 am I may have missed something, but why is there no mention of Sugar Mountain on any ski reports, etc...? Not a Sugar apologist, but was curious as to why they are rarely mentioned on the site?
It's been mentioned a few times on the morning report and on social media. Sugar isn't a member resort and has no desire to be involved with us. They are on the snow report and we have pages with info on them, but they won't be mentioned in any First Trax or announcements.
WOOOOOO!

Juice
Beginner

Gunther’s head is too big.
WVULINK
Beginner

This has been well-documented as to why they aren't mentioned in First Trax/announcements, but the reasons why sugar isn't a SkiSE "member resort" remain unknown, outside of the SkiSE staff. I don't think its financial.
jt3
Intermediate

they are too busy blasting guests in the face with ice and exaggerating snow totals to report...
SalisburySkier
Beginner

At least they get their trails open...no white lightning at beech yet!!!??!! Wtf. I am fine with the exaggeration of snow totals, I prefer having more than two or three trails to ski on. I can check the snow totals on booneweather.com, and beech and sugar get the same amount anyway. And....news flash, you are likely skiing the man made stuff in nc anyway
With all that said, I’ll be at sugar Thursday if anyone wants to ski the only real black diamonds in nc.
davidski
Expert

I agree that Sugars got the terrain. With the addition of Gunther's way, and the amount of work that took, I don't see why another connecting route couldn't have been cut, because all traffic going thru that top narrow dogleg is a mess. But I frequently create my own routes on google earth, and yet no one consults me, strange
jt3
Intermediate

it would help if they would run Gunther’s lift.. I don’t think it’s been on much this season if at all. Enjoy your runs Salisbury.. thursday should be quiet up there. ✌🏼
SalisburySkier
Beginner

I agree guys, the trails could of been laid out a little better. You definitely have to watch out on Northridge and be ready to dodge the carnage of the new skiers. However, it could be much worse (see Timberline). To be honest I am very happy with the recent upgrades to both Sugar and Beech. Now if we could just get the crowds to stay home (catch 22, I know).