The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

BRYCE LODGING

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

So we exchanged our timeshare week at Massanutten on DAE and are looking to book something at Bryce for a week. I am trying to get some info on condo's (location to slopes, conditions, amenities etc.) for this area. I have Availability for several coming up and was hoping for some advice from regulars to the resort if possible. We have openings at THE PINES, SENEDO SPRINGS,CHALET HIGH NORTH, so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
marzski
Advanced

Have you been to Bryce at all? I stopped by the base one time driving from Whitetail to Massanutten. Didn't see much that looked like ski in/out. The parking lot wasn't all that big. The roads seemed like they would be okay except in a huge snowstorm. They are narrow and curvy. But nothing like driving in WV.

Just finished my Massanutten Mountainside week. Noticed a flyer for DAE. Per usual, it was impressive how well Mnut took care of the resort roads during a snowstorm.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

We have never been. We joined Dae a few years ago and UPGRADED to Gold status thinking it would open up some availability which so far it has not. The only thing open so far is pretty much Bryce. They did offer me back my EXACT week that I had put up for exchange (LOL). We can't go our week we own this year. Hopefully more will open up. We may go up to Vermont which actually has a few openings at various times during mid-February/March window we are shooting for. Reviews for Bryce are not glowing on trip advisor. I wish Wintergreen had something. There is an opening at land of Canaan in Davis but with all the t-line drama I am not sure about going that far for basically one resort now. How far is Morgantown from area slopes ? We have several weeks open at a Lakeview resort there.
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
marzski
Advanced

Bryce is small compared to Massanutten. Apparently good for kids and adults who are learning but that's about it. I can't imagine spending an entire week skiing there. Not really that close to other activities either.

Vermont makes far more sense to me. Even if you don't happen to get the best conditions, there is a lot more to do off the slopes. There are enough smaller places that are good deals in comparison to the destination resorts that have pretty expensive lift tickets.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
marzski
Advanced

dup
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

Lakeview resort in Morgantown is 37 miles and 45 minutes from Wisp which we have never been to. It is also a couple of hours from Canaan and Wintergreen that we have not visited as well. The condos look and are rated much better than ANYTHING in Bryce so that will probably be our headquarters unless something else opens up soon on DAE.
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
marzski
Advanced

ROYMERCER wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:38 pm Lakeview resort in Morgantown is 37 miles and 45 minutes from Wisp which we have never been to. It is also a couple of hours from Canaan and Wintergreen that we have not visited as well. The condos look and are rated much better than ANYTHING in Bryce so that will probably be our headquarters unless something else opens up soon on DAE.
From what I've heard about Wisp and CV on DCSki, that's a much better choice than staying at Bryce.

From Morgantown, check out Seven Springs and Laurel Mountain. 7Springs is a complete resort to be avoided on weekends. Laurel recently re-opened. Completely old school vibe.

Makes more sense to drive to Wintergreen from Massanutten since it's only about an hour. Fun midweek but silly busy on weekends. The high-speed detachable quads make weekday skiing very good for the green and black terrain. Acorn is a good mix for intermediates.
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

We will check out 7springs for sure. Looks fun to me.
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1