The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Who has the scoop on Whitefish, MT?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
wilks
Beginner

I'm planning a trip there in February. If anyone has details to share please post. As of this moment it looks like I'll be visiting Red Mountain again driving up from Spokane, spending seven days there, then driving back and meeting up with a new group of friends to check out Whitefish for four more days. If anyone has driven from Spokane to Whitefish I'd love to hear any suggestions on stops along the way as well.
davidski
Expert

This is exactly a question I was wondering about, with my Loveland pass I have 3 free days at Whitefish and thru Powder alliance with whitewater, also brundage and schwietzer, unfortunately not Red, although I to would love to return there.

Google shows spokane to whitefish being 4 1/2 to 5 hours with one route going by Shwietzer or the other b little places Lookout and silver
Mellow Yellow
Advanced

I love Big Mtn. (aka Whitefish)…. biggest issue there is fog... it can be thick. Also, hill is a bit removed from town, they have some on mountain restaurants and bars...though they have free shuttles down to Kalispell. Has more of a local feel to it.... you can be there on a Saturday and not see anyone around you... low crowds... I'll be back there.
marzski
Advanced

Have heard good things about Whitefish, as long as low visibility isn't an issue.

The creator of this Guide retired to Whitefish a while back. Had skied all over the world.
http://www.wmr-guide.com
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
Dean
Beginner

When I hitch hiked through the area in 1984, Bridger Bowl is where all the University of Montana Bozeman students used to ski.
davidski
Expert

marzski wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:42 pm Have heard good things about Whitefish, as long as low visibility isn't an issue.

The creator of this Guide retired to Whitefish a while back. Had skied all over the world.
http://www.wmr-guide.com
That is a great guide, thanks

Having that detail makes we want to go there even more
wilks
Beginner

Awesome, thanks guys.