The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

I'm Booked at Sugar Through the Storm

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Woodsrider427
Beginner

I am heading up tonight to ski tomorrow, had planned it already for the demo weekend before the storm was a consideration. I planned to leave tomorrow evening because my daughter has to work on Sunday, but now she backed out and isn't going. So I may consider staying for Sunday but can't for Monday, I'll see if your offer is still available if I do decide to stay. I would be a little concerned about driving home Sunday afternoon though.

Anyone else going to be skiing tomorrow?
philipwicker
Beginner

Wait...hiking hawks is a thing??
jt3
Intermediate

Will be there too! Should be interesting...
davidski
Expert

Hey KGW, message me your number, it looks like I will be at Beech but if the roads are passable I may split sunday up

By the way I think mike is swamped so it might not go up today but I found a lot of old storm pictures Ive taken at Beech and posted them in an article
Aasnider
Beginner

To everyone who is coming back toward/ through the Greensboro area on Sunday evening, please post something or shoot me a pm with an update on road conditions. Unfortunately I have obligations Saturday and Sunday but am hoping to leave the Greensboro area around 4-5 am Monday and head up for the day. 4x4 burb and have chains. Leaning towards Sugar!
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Diego translates to early season awesomeness for the NC mountains! There better be some killer trip reports next week people! Could be wet cement so be extra careful.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

SWOOP
Beginner
Tagline: Swooping in on fresh pow

Great Article Davidski, as always-full of stoke! Oh man, of all things, we have TSO tickets Sunday in GSO. It's killing me, but I may have to sit this one out...unless...
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

SWOOP wrote:Great Article Davidski, as always-full of stoke! Oh man, of all things, we have TSO tickets Sunday in GSO. It's killing me, but I may have to sit this one out...unless...
Years of regret

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jt3
Intermediate

Good session tonight boys! It has started!

Kelly K
Beginner

Nice!