The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Any skiing this weekend??

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

Temps look marginal the next few nights. Anyone going to be able to make enough extra snow to open this weekend with decent coverage (no bare spots)? I wonder if Beech will open as they say they will?
jt3
Intermediate

Sugar continues to provide comic relief. can't believe they opened with that dirt today. base guns just blowing water in the air it appears. Just.WOW.
davidski
Expert

I like to think they do it for the entertainment of their webcam audience...i know i find it pretty mesmerizing
brigand
Beginner

It going to be cold tonight, and they are willing to make snow. Wondering if it's worth a drive up tomorrow - certainly not going to get another day after tomorrow for the next week or so with the temps on the way.
I Ski
Beginner

Sugar does that for PR purposes only. The average person living off the mountain sees that and gets the idea its going to good. Educated skiers know the truth. Kind of like the Fake News in media except this is “Fake Sugar”
swamphox
Expert

Considering the webcams are showing groomed runs at app id be kinda surprised if they didnt open saturday. Id also bet the only reason they dont open tomorrow is because they already announced they wouldnt
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
wilks
Beginner

I couldn't believe Sugar was open yesterday. It did improve a bit overnight though. I'm going to watch it and if things look ok I'll take my old board to Sugar on Sunday.
jt3
Intermediate

Boom. And just like that, they filled it back in. It's on.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Damn Sugar! What a difference a day makes at Sugar with those guns blazing. webcam looks great compared to last night!
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
ShredPirateRoberts
Beginner

I'll be snowboarding at sugar tomorrow. Assuming they're open.

I'll be wearing a fatigue camo hoodie and riding with my bro.

if you see me give me shout! I'd be glad to connect with some other riders!
“The best place in the world to ski is where you’re skiing that day.” - Warren Miller
Nashville TN