The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Anyone out there May skiing?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
resolutejb
Beginner

Anyone still in the snow? and where?

Just boarded the past two weekends (and a couple runs on skis so I don't forget how - although it felt very awkard..) at Sunshine in Banff... Snow is getting slushy in the afternoon although they still have about a 5-6 foot base in most places (like the pic), but a few bare spots are starting to appear.. Had business in Calgary last week so hit Sunshine weekend before and weekend after - great Mountain Collective rates at the village lodge slopeside way up on the hill this time of year and no hordes of people either.

Also hitting Mammoth Mountain in Cali. Memorial Day weekend. They are open until at least Memorial Day, but rumor has it they will stay open at least a couple more weeks after that. They usually make it to July 4 each year, but since the winter came so late this year to the Sierras, the base didn't get as strong apparently. Everyone else put the skis/board up for the season or any more people out there like me who can't let go? :) Planning to hit Chile at least once and hopefully twice in August and or July and then I guess that will have to last me until November.. Hope we have a snowier winter in N America this coming year that this past winter!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beeesmitty
Beginner
Tagline: I heard you know Bofa

I wish.
skigeorgia
Beginner

Out there in Colorado still shredding Arapahoe Basin until June
marzski
Advanced

Done for the season. Did an early May ski safari with my ski buddy to check out what Oregon and California have to offer. Flew out to meet him as he drove from Albuquerque to Boise. We had a great time at Bachelor and Mt. Hood Meadows. Then a morning at Squaw and a couple days at Mammoth based on the MCP. We were there just after Squaw was down to just a few lifts on the upper mountain, plus the funitel and the tram so not too much terrain open without hiking.

Would go back to Bachelor and Hood Meadows during late, late season again. With Summit open, that gives access to 2000 acres at Bachelor. Mammoth was good too but only worth the travel time with the MCP. Although spending a couple days in Death Valley before I flew back from Las Vegas was really fun.

My ski buddy drove to A-Basin from Las Vegas before he headed home. Must've put 3000 miles on his car in the two weeks.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.