The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Ski Beech Quad Demo

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Kastle
Beginner

The Quad is being demolished , work started yesterday morning , Mike or Kenny should follow up with this story. The end of an era.
Bultaco
Beginner

We heard fixed grip quad going in. Any idea on future of #6? I know their using it this summer for bikes.
Tmiller72
Expert

Heard this same thing the other day. Certainly wish they were going with a high speed. What brand and who's putting it in? Someone told me yesterday that there's a 2 year wait list to get a Doppelmayr lift. Not sure if that's 100% accurate or not.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
dreamnofpow
Expert

And whats up with Beech Mountain Brewing? No more growler fill ups. Are they only serving local brews now?
Bultaco
Beginner

Heard it was a Dopplemyer
dj
Advanced

dreamnofpow wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:20 pm And whats up with Beech Mountain Brewing? No more growler fill ups. Are they only serving local brews now?
Don't know about them, but I've run into a couple of local breweries that will not longer fill growlers. Some only refuse 64 ounce growlers, even their own logoed ones, others now only do crowlers, also limited to 32 ounce. Bearwaters mentioned that they don't fill 64 ounce anymore due to their limited production capability.

When I was at Beech at the end of January, I was told by the bartender that Beech Mountain Brewing was out of production due to problems with a remodel and upfit of the brewing production area. Hadn't made beer in a while and it would be at least months before they could again. They didn't have any Beech Mountain beer available, only other nearby breweries.
Tmiller72
Expert

I believe they had their blonde on back in January in a limited amount. I was there in late Jan helping out with a tap takeover and I don't recall any of their beer being on at the time. Just guest taps. I can probably find out more. Their taproom is a cool spot. It's worth going even if they don't have their beer available.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

I'll announce this tomorrow. It's pretty good stuff.
WOOOOOO!

theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

WOOOOOO!

sts9shredder
Beginner

FIXED GRIP? Come on..... I know it's not that far of a trip to the summit but it seems like we are going backwards in time here.. I used to like Beech better than Sugar even though Sugar has better runs but Sugar is adding better lifts, better runs (Gunther's is the only run in NC that feels like something in CO), and their snowmaking is agressive.