The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

What is you best SkiNC memory?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
I Ski
Beginner

Hawks Park Rulz
Zeus
Expert

Too many to list. But surprised no one has mentioned the Snowshoe Campout. What a disaster/awesome time. Plus, I made their website.

2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Mine would be on the day of Daves picture above the Beech Mtn Police giving us plastic cups and instructions on how to party Legally in their lots!! Theres a reason the big ones were always at the Beech. Cluck Cluck
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
rducop
Beginner

Winter 1992Image
bfeller
Intermediate

The Snowshoe Campout, seconding Zeus Vote.
afrobigfoot
Expert

Drunk snowbird beech 2006
GulfBoarder
Beginner
Tagline: 2-time First Snow Prediction Champion (back in the day) 05-06ish

Working the 2002-03 ski season at App! Good times!
davidski
Expert

where are you riding this year?
Mellow Yellow
Advanced

Too many.... OG Hawksnest Summit....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dean
Beginner

This goes back to the...wow...70's. Late 70's I was a Junior Ski Patrol member. I skied every day possible.

Epic days skiing with my friend Jamie. Wolf Laurel was epic... lots of snow. Huge jumps. You could take the t-bar to the top of the ridge and ski trees down to the slopes. Chasing her down the mountain, with fantastic jumps with spread eagles and daffy footing on the high jumps - in the bright sunshine with relatively empty slopes.

And then there was Cat when the Meadows was open. Only when 2 feet of natural would they open it. Epic. Like skiing out west....