The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

What is you best SkiNC memory?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
OldSchool
Intermediate
Tagline: ......................I Love Cold, Rain and Snow!

Mine is the first time...... I showed up with my multiply pocket having light tan pants... and they asked me if I skied or snowboarded?

Cheers to the good times... lets plan more!
"Like Tater tots in the broiler"........ sometimes they smoke

Hey Bo! Hamme one dem beers!...
Old Fart
Beginner

So many. The Beech Mtn summits were the best though. Snowshoe when the girl stole my pants was fun. Utah with about 20 of us was one of the best weeks of skiing I've ever had. Summer summits, the Cat Crew. It's amazing no one ever got in any real trouble. If I had to pick one day though, it would be this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grinderstation
Beginner

powerlines.
swamphox
Expert

SkiAtlanta and I headed up to cat on the day before valentines day one yr. Saturday. Really windy. Road is iced over. I made it up the mtn with no chains but my speedometer said I was going about 80. Theyd opened the meadows. That was a cool experience. Id often feel like I was holding him back anytime we ever skied together but he was always courteous enough to wait up on me even if I told him to go do his own thing and we'd meet back at the end of the day.

The Wolf trip was cool. I remember just bringing a cooler full of beer leftover from football season. I figured I needed to get rid of it. Taco bell diet beer :) I hope whomever stole it enjoyed it.

There was a Can U Ski a few years back. Carpooled up, it snowed, and Cat was open to the top of the quad. Doesnt sound like much but I remember really enjoying myself on that one.

The first summit we went to, back when my wife still skied, and we won a trip to sugar and beech at auction. I think the trip was 3/7/2009.

Its funny how things work out. I made new skiing buddies on those trips. ;) Forever grateful for those times.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
swamphox
Expert

Old Fart wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:31 am So many. The Beech Mtn summits were the best though. Snowshoe when the girl stole my pants was fun. Utah with about 20 of us was one of the best weeks of skiing I've ever had. Summer summits, the Cat Crew. It's amazing no one ever got in any real trouble. If I had to pick one day though, it would be this one.
I just noticed my skis made it into that pic even if I didnt
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
dreamnofpow
Expert

Cataloochee circa many years and beers ago...

PA speaker heard throughout the ski area... "TeleDave, your chili is ready, please pick it up at the cafeteria"

:D :D
davidski
Expert

I tried to find some pictures but the search function is pretty useless.... But yes skiing the powerline is something I would never have done on my own but did on a summit. And Brookbarrel showed the way into some trees I also would never have found on my own on another summit, TD, Blackey skied those too, and it was cool to ski with MB after a lot of bullshit between us on the messageboard.... the way that tends to work out in person is a favorite SkiNC thing for me.
Tmiller72
Expert

Beech's backside bowls when the tunnel was open. Hope they reopen it in the future.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
skiatlanta
Advanced

swamphox wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:36 pm SkiAtlanta and I headed up to cat on the day before valentines day one yr. Saturday. Really windy. Road is iced over. I made it up the mtn with no chains but my speedometer said I was going about 80. Theyd opened the meadows. That was a cool experience. Id often feel like I was holding him back anytime we ever skied together but he was always courteous enough to wait up on me even if I told him to go do his own thing and we'd meet back at the end of the day.

The Wolf trip was cool. I remember just bringing a cooler full of beer leftover from football season. I figured I needed to get rid of it. Taco bell diet beer :) I hope whomever stole it enjoyed it.

There was a Can U Ski a few years back. Carpooled up, it snowed, and Cat was open to the top of the quad. Doesnt sound like much but I remember really enjoying myself on that one.

The first summit we went to, back when my wife still skied, and we won a trip to sugar and beech at auction. I think the trip was 3/7/2009.

Its funny how things work out. I made new skiing buddies on those trips. ;) Forever grateful for those times.
[Havent really been keeping up with things here on skin, or preschoolers, tgr or other forums for that matter, but I figured id log in and see whats up]

Dude, that was a great day at Cat, certainly ome of the best. Interestingly enough, I was just showing a friend pics and videos from that day to show him nc skiing isnt all that bad (Utah people are kinda picky when it comes to skiing). Still happy you let me use your goggle cam for a meadows run. And nah, you weren't holding me back, haha. It was always a great time skiing up there.

Best day for me was likely the beech summit in 2009 (or 10?) where we hit the powerline. Legit fall line pow skiing, great runs inbounds at beech and then epic parking lot schenanigans. I Still think about this day all the time.

Another great day was early January 2009, and we were at beech midweek and the high was like 5. It was snowing pretty good, and we got a lot of fresh turns, including poaching the #6 liftline which was knee deep. Fun times.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

skiatlanta wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:23 pm Another great day was early January 2009, and we were at beech midweek and the high was like 5. It was snowing pretty good, and we got a lot of fresh turns, including poaching the #6 liftline which was knee deep. Fun times.
Been a long time since it snowed enough for that to be ridden.

WOOOOOO!