The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Boulder, Colorado

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
skigeorgia
Beginner

Most of you don't know me as I don't post here much but I moved out to Boulder from just south of Atlanta this summer and got an upgrade to my skiing experience to say the least. Glad to see the start the SE got off to but seems things have fallen off a cliff since then. Bummer. Hopefully, March will be cold enough to keep a few places open late into that month. Season out here started extremely slow but its ramped up in the past month. Pretty much every ski area is 100% open, with the exception of some of the steepest terrain because avalanche mitigation is still going on in order to get slopes open. I have the Epic Summit Pass and Mountain Collective so I've been able to ski Arapahoe Basin, Keystone, Breck, Alta, Snowbird, Snowbasin, Jackson Hole, Grand Targhee, and Eldora. Also have a trip planned to Alberta to ski Lake Louise and Sunshine Village. Out of the places I've been so far this year, Grand Targhee is by far the best IMO skip Jackson Hole and ski better snow and for cheaper at Grand Targhee. Eldora is what you would call the "local" hill for Boulder as its 35 minutes up the canyon and has 1400' of vertical, 680 acres of skiable terrain, and 300 inches of snow per year and even has a little bowl skiing (I'd still take Snowshoe over it though). Nice to have the place so you don't have to deal with I-70 traffic all the time. A-Basin is my favorite in Colorado and while it's not known that well, it's BY FAR the most affordable place in Colorado and not to mention it has the best terrain. If you want to ski famous Colorado snow on a budget, A-Basin has a 3-day pass for $169. Hard to beat that price for 2500' feet of vert, 1300+ acres of terrain, and 350 inches of snow per year, not to mention it opens in early October and closes in early June. Beats the insane prices of Vail resorts by a mile. I do miss skiing the SE mountains all the time and I know I'll make it down there again one day to do some laps on those mountains again. Hopefully the season at least lasts another month down there.
skipink
Expert

Thanks for the heads up on the 3 day pass. Glad you are living the good life!
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
Juice
Beginner

I’m considering grand Targhee next year