The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

NC Summit and some thoughts...

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
OldSchool
Intermediate
Tagline: ......................I Love Cold, Rain and Snow!

Not this weekend.. but It would be nice to see a NC summit .. that is open to the public...lol

I remember when you posted up a few good deals on airfare and lodging... and shared the love of skiing , a few posts, a date on the calendar.. and cf's would show up and cluck cluck

Its really too bad that a few members decided that their penis was more important than sharing the good times.. planning good times.. this place used to have a lot of reasons to get together..

but like all of America...

south Carolina jokes make sense everywhere in this bland wired . wireless world we now live in

it too bad......

"you can go anywhere on vacation and leave on probation now"

"and relative humidity will always be the sweat from your balls when you get done f***ing your cousin"

So cheers to the SKIsoutheast. ...SkiNC . and cheers to all the oldschool peeps that enjoyed getting together on this old message board over the last 15 years to ski and have a good time!!!

..I remember when this community had a passion to enjoy the unknown and making new adventures .. hope to see you fuckers on the slopes someday again.. Oldschool its not just a name

Hamme one!
"Like Tater tots in the broiler"........ sometimes they smoke

Hey Bo! Hamme one dem beers!...
Old Fart
Beginner

swamphox
Expert

My boy and I will be at App. havnt decided what day or days but we WILL be there.

If any one wants to get some turns in hmu and say hello.

It may not be the CF parties in parking lots sure. My kid was born the year I started making friends on the board. We'd get together, carpool. And little by little they moved...or had kids of their own...things got deprioritized

But here's the thing and this was a lot of good luck:

SkiAtlanta moved to Utah the season my kid was able to really ski. And so it began again. I picked up where I left off. My skiing buddy is smaller sure but if I am mostly going to cat and app these days and he can handle everything there it works out. The western resorts would still be lost on him but not for much longer. If you didnt do it this year youll be one year older when you do isnt as foreboding when youre 8 yrs old.

I kind of wish Id been more into skiing in college but there were rugby games to be played, filthy songs to be sung, and future wives to meet.

Ive been really into the olympics this year. And seemingly as soon as they started so did the blowtorch and the rain.

It seems so unfair to end the season like this. Gather ye runs while ye may
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
OldSchool
Intermediate

Swampy.. I remember when they stole your cooler and you always had a GA red shirt on..

maybe next year the oldschool will plan a NC summit...

And old fart gets picture of the year!

OldSchool
Intermediate

Old Fart wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:05 pm Image

OldSchool
Intermediate

^^^ picture of the year!!!

OldSchool
Intermediate

Summer summit? Hand me one of dem beers!

davidski
Expert

Guys there is a summit this weekend at Snowshoe you know?

and as much as I like the OLD FART, there are many better pictures this year... although none as good as defrosting a keg with a blow dryer
skiing rules
Expert

I wish I could go skiing. Tore my patellar tendon at solitude though. Out until next year. I got 9 ski days this year. lowest ski day count since I got a job. Fortunately they were all awesome days, even the day I skied at Cataloochee solo was pretty fun.
skiing rules
Expert

I'd come up for a summit or random friday when the conditions are good. Beech is about as fr as I will travel though, and thats a stretch.