The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

2018 Ski Southeast Summit at Snowshoe Mountain

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
skipink
Expert

And of course there is always the Rimfire Hot tub...
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

THIS IS ONLY A MODEL, NOT A FORECAST. We might get lucky for this weekend.

WOOOOOO!

marzski
Advanced

Check out the webcams at Snowshoe. Guns are on as of 7:30pm on Monday night!
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
Woodsrider427
Beginner

marzski wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:42 pm Check out the webcams at Snowshoe. Guns are on as of 7:30pm on Monday night!
Definitely a good sight to see.
jeffryc
Expert

Things are looking up weather wise. I'm stoked. I noticed today that Silver Creek was closed. I hope that's not the case come Friday. Regardless, I guarantee a big time will be had by all. Did I mention I'm stoked?
clemsonkeri
Beginner

Snowshoe responded to a comment on their Facebook page that they would be reopening silver creek on Friday for the weekend and possibly into next week. Yay! Fingers crossed for this storm to be a good one :mrgreen: can’t wait to see everyone!!!
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

I'll be there.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

NWS has 3-7 inches of snow in the forecast. I’m going up tonight. Tomorrow is gonna be fun. Yeeeeeee.
WOOOOOO!

WVULINK
Beginner

Would love to be there, but I'll be en-route to Reno for a week at Lake Tahoe. I'll think of y'all while I'm getting some fresh powder runs in the Sierras. Have a great time at the Summit!!
adm1n
Intermediate

spydeeTJB wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:02 pm Typically about 20. Look at the group pics Kenny posted.

WOW just saw this post and those group pics are always just the core group of people who come out at 9am in the morning or for first tracks. We always have anywhere from 90-140 people with the record being around 200 one year. This last weekend we had one late booking for (4) people who pushed our total attendance to 141 people who came and joined us. We probably had 50+ (I haven't counted from the videos) that joined us for First Tracks at 8:15am Sunday morning.

So if you're thinking about maybe joining us next year - you should. It's always a blast and Snowshoe really loves our group.

I can tell you that the free burgers and beer cost me $1450 or so Saturday so there were many people who came and joined us for that shindig as well.

Good times all around.