The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Red mountain and Whitewater?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
davidski
Expert

don't tempt me... I could do this all night.
davidski
Expert

really, I mean that
davidski
Expert

at what point do I get one of those burning little emojis indicating that this is a hot thread?
davidski
Expert

I have just started a pot of coffee brewing ... woohoo!!
davidski
Expert

anyone skied red mountain y'all?

I looked at videos, half the terrain is insanely difficult -- home of the canadian freeride comp I think
davidski
Expert

it reminds me of crested butte but whole sides are like what only the top is there.
davidski
Expert

and they talk funny --- is that wrong of me to say about our Canadian friends

God save the Queen

Que the Sex Pistols

Is that wrong of me to say?

Hold on, Coffee's ready
davidski
Expert

well that's a nice cup of joe.

Where were we?

Oh yes Royalty ---

Why not?

Anyone skied whitewater? it does not look as insane as red but very nice indeed

this is all rhetorical I know -- perhaps someone would enjoy changing the focus of this thread to Jackson, an intriguing and little known hill

I don't mean Jackson Hole, overrated dung heap, I mean Jackson Hill Minnesota. It is on my tiny mountain dream list. You actually have to bring your own wheel barrel that you connect to meat hooks tied to the rope tow.
marzski
Advanced

What I know about Red Mountain is that they have raised over $1,750,000 in the last few months by offering special shares in an OPO. The CEO is from California and fell in love with the place a long time ago.

Aussies like Red Mountain and they tend to stay for at least a week, sometimes two. They don't get bored with the terrain.

More importantly, Southwest flies to Spokane and Red is only about 3 hours away if the driving is decent. But I'm sure you already know that. :-)
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
davidski
Expert

Indeed, I am flying into Spokane

Thanks Marzski, You did a lot of coverage of another mountains OPO right? or was that Red mountain. Sorry for forgetting, I really was impressed with the detail though