The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

SKIWOLF DISCOUNTS

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
davidski
Expert

carolinacub wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 am Just got word from Orville that we'll be open on Sat the 9th. If any of you come up look me up. Ask for Paul on the Patrol
Very cool of you to post that, If not this weekend then soon,
brigand
Beginner

I bought one of these discounted tickets - thanks for the heads up :) Going to Asheville for a concert Saturday night, and it looks like the weather is going to be perfect to ski all day before the show. Maybe Cat for the morning session on Sunday. Hope they open most of the terrain; can't see why they wouldn't given the temps.
Last edited by brigand on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
davidski
Expert

^^that sounds like a good day
bmwloco
Beginner

Wolf may just be perfect now... good southern snow here in Asheville. Woke at 0700 to 2" down; 0900 and it's still coming down. Probably 4-6" by tomorrow morning.

So, Wolf, Sapphire Valley, Cataloochee and all the southern ski areas are getting great base and cold weather for the next several days.
brigand
Beginner

bmwloco wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:06 am Wolf may just be perfect now... good southern snow here in Asheville. Woke at 0700 to 2" down; 0900 and it's still coming down. Probably 4-6" by tomorrow morning.

So, Wolf, Sapphire Valley, Cataloochee and all the southern ski areas are getting great base and cold weather for the next several days.
How are the roads looking there in Asheville?
dj
Advanced

Merrimon Avenue at Broad Street:
20171208_102058[1].jpg
Snow still falling but the roads are pretty clear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bmwloco
Beginner

I have no inside information at all, but I'd be willing to wager... it'll be a cluster.

Warren Haynes Chirstmas Jam - people will be going downtown. And coming in from around. And then there is normal to/from of locals in and out of town....

Pot roast in crock pot. Pizza in oven. Beer. Dogs are content. Wood stove is at 650F.

We're good.
skipink
Expert

David I have a friend on Skipatrol there. She can show you around.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
carolinacub
Beginner
Tagline: Yes I am a Cubs fan

skipink wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:36 am David I have a friend on Skipatrol there. She can show you around.
Who's your friend at the Wolf, I'm also on the Patrol there.
skipink
Expert

Susie Johnson. Used to be from Winston when I knew her. I skied with her at Wolf 2 years ago on a day it was dumping and it was one of the best East Coast ski days I have had.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."