The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Sugar is falling behind its peers on snow making capabilities

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Wanakenatransplant wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:57 pm Beech has really great equipment, but not enough ponds and they are not aggressive about making snow. The owner, Costin, has been dumping so much into making his resort look pretty these past few years (as well as adding some snow guns), but ignoring key parts of his operation such as his aging quad lift, pump and compressor stations, and lack of water. Yeah, the village and lodge are nice but if you can't get enough slopes open quickly and get people to the top of the mountain quickly then who cares about the lodge and village. Sugar gets people to the top and gets their terrain open fairly quick. I have had a season pass to Beech the past 3 years, but I am definitely going to wait and see what Beech gets done for upgrades this summer. If they can't improve snowmaking capabilities and make some major improvements to the quad then I will consider not getting the season pass.
Yeah it's been frustrating the last few years to see all these other things done when it seems like the most important thing is to replace the quad.
WOOOOOO!

OldSchool
Intermediate
Tagline: ......................I Love Cold, Rain and Snow!

SUGAR KICKS ASS! this tread is a waste... Hope Gunter buys Beech soon
"Like Tater tots in the broiler"........ sometimes they smoke

Hey Bo! Hamme one dem beers!...