The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Season Plans Yet? Where's everyone headed?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
SWOOP
Beginner
Tagline: Swooping in on fresh pow

Hey Alex,
congrats on your pass to Snowshoe!
We can get you in at our place weekend of 12/1 at a nice rate if you'd like. Or email us at [email protected] and we can work with you-M-W is your best bet for open dates and low rates. Enjoy the mountain.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/20767982?l ... s=fWOooMGm
johnmelton
Beginner

I'll hopefully be hitting Sugar this coming week for some nostalgia, then A-Basin and Park City for a warm up , then on to Lake Tahoe for the winter. I hope to get up into the Pacific NW some as they look to have a huge winter thanks to La Nina. I would really like to check out Revelstoke and a few other BC resorts I have not been to. To add to the ealier conversation about Belleayre, that resort is public, owned by the state, similar to Caanan Valley in WV. For anyone who hasn't skied a public owned resort before, you definitely will notice a difference as they don't seem to be as worried about getting sued. Last time I was at Caanan they had a sledding contraption with brakes, sort of, that you could ride the lift up and sled down the slopes with skiers. When I was at Belleayre, the one mogul run open required hiking across grass to get to, at least it was left open. Also the operators were running the high speed quad faster than any lift, gondola or tram I have ever been on.
liquidcowboy
Beginner

Early January I'll be in Vermont. February will be Banff/Lake Louise and March will be one of Jackson Hole, Park City, or Tahoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Juice
Beginner

I have a season pass at sugar so most of my time will be spent there. I am going to snowshoe in February and I am going to big sky 2nd week in march. I would like to try revelstoke sometime. I was watching some videos of it last night and it looks like fun
marzski
Advanced

Juice wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:22 pm I have a season pass at sugar so most of my time will be spent there. I am going to snowshoe in February and I am going to big sky 2nd week in march. I would like to try revelstoke sometime. I was watching some videos of it last night and it looks like fun
A return to Big Sky is on my list for 2018-19. Have you been there before? Worth a day or two at Bridger too.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
wilks
Beginner

johnmelton wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:17 pm I would really like to check out Revelstoke and a few other BC resorts I have not been to.
As far as BC goes if you're planning to hit Revelstoke I would also recommend Kicking Horse http://kickinghorseresort.com.

This season I'll be around Cat, Beech and maybe even dare I say Wolf? Also have a trip booked to Red Mtn. in Rossland, BC in early Feb. First trip there. If anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears.
Juice
Beginner

marzski wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:58 am
Juice wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:22 pm I have a season pass at sugar so most of my time will be spent there. I am going to snowshoe in February and I am going to big sky 2nd week in march. I would like to try revelstoke sometime. I was watching some videos of it last night and it looks like fun
A return to Big Sky is on my list for 2018-19. Have you been there before? Worth a day or two at Bridger too.
No I have never been to big sky. I went to telluride last year
davidski
Expert

wilks wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:08 am
johnmelton wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:17 pm I would really like to check out Revelstoke and a few other BC resorts I have not been to.
As far as BC goes if you're planning to hit Revelstoke I would also recommend Kicking Horse http://kickinghorseresort.com.

This season I'll be around Cat, Beech and maybe even dare I say Wolf? Also have a trip booked to Red Mtn. in Rossland, BC in early Feb. First trip there. If anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears.
Dare you say the Wolf indeed -- that is high on my list. I've skied a lot of places but still not the Wolf and If I can time it with a storm I want to ski there this year
marzski
Advanced

Juice wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:37 pm
marzski wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:58 am
No I have never been to big sky. I went to telluride last year
I'm going to Telluride for the first time this season. Tacking on a few days after a week at Taos. My friends and I all have the Mountain Collective Pass. My main ski buddy lives in Albuquerque and seems to like Telluride a lot. He goes with the local ski club, but most of the club members are intermediates and like to shop as much as they ski.

Big Sky with Moonlight added is really quite huge. The free mountain host tour is well worth doing the first day. Then you don't have to waste time figuring out how to get between the different areas later in the week. While the tour is on blue groomers, the host can tell you all about the more challenging terrain. That's how my friend and I learned where to go off the Challenger lift for soft bumps even though it was a low snow situation during that trip. We learned when to not bother with the line for the tram to the top of Lone Peak. More importantly, we learned what terrain to ski in the Lone Peak Bowl before deciding whether or not to ski down Liberty from the top. The host said that if we were comfortable skiing the South Wall, then skiing Liberty would be fine. That was only the second or third season I was skiing off-piste more than on groomers at big mountains out west. Of course, Liberty is a LOT longer.

If you want to know more about Big Sky, start a thread. Pretty sure there are other SkiSE folks who have been there.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.