The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

flying to CO, and Congratulations to HEELS

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
davidski
Expert

Well that was fun, and a medium storm is hitting Colorado, I'm flying there tomorrow.

Cooper, Monarch, Copper Mountain -- Loveland and Berthoud and Monarch pass, maybe stuff off Fremont pass if I can meet someone.
skipanther
Advanced

How long are you out there and how much is it going to cost $$ wise?
Ski Bunny
Advanced

Have fun, and congratulations to your team.
davidski
Expert

I am uploading some photos and hope to post them soon.

Ski panther you asked about expense I am proud to say thus far it is minimal. The pictures will show that I saw the sunrise at the top of Loveland pass and made four laps before going to Loveland Ski area with a pass I bought at a bar for $20 the night before. By the way the night before was the day of my arrival in Colorado and Berthoud pass was getting buried, I drove up there to check it out and gave some hitchhikers rides, karma, and I wish I'd focused on that. Other expenses $42 at monarch $75 the first night in Gtown but now i'm down to $30 at an excellent place in Leadville. I will be skiing Cooper during their closing week, $24, and I have a ticket to Copper which is very cheap and perhaps a bit sketchy, we shall see.

So yes it is pretty cheap but I don't care where I go and play it by chance.

But alas it is hard to know what to focus on with the shifting and and uncertain patterns of storm predictions. I m here but it is certainly not a big storm cycle. No complaints. Some pictures, They go from LL pass, to the resort , then 150 miles south to Monarch, I really love Monarch

to the resort

and Monarch

More later, why not keep posting in an apparent graveyard, it's a lot like whistling.
pagamony
Advanced

Resurrection happens in a graveyard. Loveland didn't look to shabby there, at the top of the pass nor in the bowl, but I am looking forward to the report from Cooper. I mean, if you are in Leadville, you must be going to Cooper, eh? Nice work.
jt3
Intermediate

Good for you David for getting late season tracks! I was in Breck three weeks ago and had a blast other than spring break crowds. Enjoy !
Old Fart
Beginner

davidski wrote:More later, why not keep posting in an apparent graveyard, it's a lot like whistling.
I drop in at least every other day looking for something new. Enjoy your time in CO.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Good hunting as always. The bowl shot and trees looks like some good powder for spring time conditions. I'm closing out my season at Mammoth in a couple weeks.
gamecock88
Tagline: "In the morning my dear, I'll be sober, but you will still be ugly."

Agreed. Nice work!