The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Presidents Day Weekend

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
sts9shredder
Beginner

So wife and I planned to head to Sugar this weekend with another couple. I had no idea it was Presidents Day and typically avoid MLK or Christmas Holiday like the plague. Is Presidents Day weekend as crowded as MLK weekend?

I haven't been on snow all year given the crappy season and am going to Zermatt in March so really wanted to get some turns in.

We will probably hit Sugar regardless but just curious how ya'll thought crowds might be on Saturday.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

It's going to be a zoo on Saturday. Nothing more to be said other than that.
WOOOOOO!

dreamnofpow
Expert

Go early, you will be lucky to get 4 or 5 runs in after 11.
skipanther
Advanced

Zermatt huh,you lucky dog!
fitzyfitz1313
Beginner

I forgot the holiday as well and immediately regretted being too lazy to hit the slopes last weekend as soon as I saw the top parking lot of Beech was already pretty much full at 8:50. It took 30 minutes just to get my lift ticket. The slopes were in decent shape once I got there (pretty soft but not porous/thin on the main runs with the possible exception of Lower Powder Bowl having a bit of a slush pit at the bottom) and at least there were a lot of beginners that stayed off of the toughies (Southern Star was wide open for the most part...the incognito entrance probably helped). I left at noon though since the lift lines were so long (even as a single). I have the 27th-28th off of work and I'm hoping the projected rain turns into snow because after today I desperately want some nice, quiet, weekday skiing.
'18-'19 season days skied: 1 (Sugar 1)
sts9shredder
Beginner

So i headed advice and my own experiences on 3 day weekends; ended up cancelling. The fact that they were calling for rain on saturday kind of pushed me into cancelling. Really hoping to my legs warmed up on a random weekday soon.
swamphox
Expert

Presidents day monday was fine at cat...accordong to a lift mate sat and sun were horrendous with 2 hr line waits for rentals and 30 min lift lines.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

Sunday at da wolf was not that bad. made 10+ runs before 10 am and played with the grandkids on the old double chair lift after that. Probably got in 20 + runs and was out of there by 2:30 pm.
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1