The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

2017 SkiSoutheast Snowshoe Summit March 3rd, 4th and 5th

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
adm1n
Intermediate

UPDATED ATTENDEE LIST AS OF: 03/2/2017 11am:

If you are coming to the Summit - be sure to check your email as we'll send you an update at NOON on Thursday!

If you have not booked, you should as Snowshoe will be in GREAT SHAPE Friday, Saturday and Sunday with lots of cold temps, 2-4" of snow and a ton of fun planned.

ATTENDEES CONFIRMED AND BOOKED:
2017 SkiSoutheast Summit Attendees

Mike Doble
Kenny Griffin
Brad Panovich - WCNC (& SkiSoutheast) Chief Meteorologist
Joe Stevens - SkiSoutheast Columnist & Spokesperson for the WV Ski Areas

PLUS 78 of you guys BOOKED SO FAR!

82 total booked as of 3/2/17
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

Sweet! I will look into this tomorrow, bout to head to Sugar for a night session.
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!
bfeller
Intermediate

I am glad to see this happening again.
MrClemsonKeri
Expert

ClemsonKeri & MrClemsonKeri. BOOKED!
tsigley
Beginner

So... just called to book. According to the woman I spoke with it's not 20% lodging ANYWHERE on the mountain. They gave me a list of properties that it was valid for.

Rimfire
Expedition Station
Highland House
Mountain Lodge
Summit

Is that an error on her part? I was looking to stay in Snowcrest or another option..
skipink
Expert

Skipink and Bultaco are in!
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

tsigley wrote:So... just called to book. According to the woman I spoke with it's not 20% lodging ANYWHERE on the mountain. They gave me a list of properties that it was valid for.

Rimfire
Expedition Station
Highland House
Mountain Lodge
Summit

Is that an error on her part? I was looking to stay in Snowcrest or another option..
It is supposed to be anywhere. Here is what their PR person just told me...

The group is setup for certain units, however if they book a unit outside the block, we just give them the discount off retail rates. If you have a name and telephone number we can call them and do the booking. Just send it to me.

Try calling them again and letting them know this. If you have any issues again, email Mike or I at [email protected] or [email protected].
WOOOOOO!

adm1n
Intermediate

tsigley wrote:So... just called to book. According to the woman I spoke with it's not 20% lodging ANYWHERE on the mountain. They gave me a list of properties that it was valid for.

Rimfire
Expedition Station
Highland House
Mountain Lodge
Summit

Denise Chestnut with Snowshoe just told me herself to be sure to tell all of our attendees that you MUST CALL Snowshoe's Reservation line with the Discount Code. They will not offer the discount online. Also if you are told that the discount is lodging specific - it IS NOT. Tell the reservationist it applies to ALL Snowshoe lodging and to ask Denise Chestnut if needed.
adm1n
Intermediate

Guys we ARE hearing from a few people who are BOOKING but then NOT coming back to SkiSoutheast and letting us know you are coming. To be eligible to win the FREE SEASON PASSES or to receive any of the FREE Tshirts, boggans, hats and new stickers (many shapes and sizes this year...even some like the old SkiNC stickers!) - you HAVE to enter your Snowshoe Reservation number on our online form at http://www.skisoutheast.com/get-20-off- ... ason-pass/
tsigley
Beginner

Thanks all for the info on the booking. I will call back once I confirm the number of people that are coming up with me! Great to know that it does work for all locations.