The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Late March - Western Trip - Where to go?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

With the poor weather, I am thinking of going for a western trip about March 22 - 26 and ski Thursday to Saturday. I am trying to decide where to go with the limited time. Due to the short time, I am thinking SLC but I skied there a couple years ago. Anywhere else have quick access to ski areas from the airports without requiring a vehicle rental? I know you can get a shuttle from Denver to Keystone, Breckenridge, etc. (also skied there a few years ago). I may even think of going to the Northeast as they have been getting cold weather and snow this season as well.

Anybody else have suggestions for areas with easy access and will be open later in the season?
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

I know there are Uber drivers in Reno who will drive you to some of the ski areas on the north side of Lake Tahoe. Rode with one last year who had done that.
WOOOOOO!

jamsandwich
Expert

Jackson Hole has an airport a cab ride away. So does Steamboat.
jt3
Intermediate

Breckenridge has a new free ride bus program so once up there it's easy to move aroma d if you stay close to a route...
Ga Skier
Intermediate
Tagline: Days on Snow...... Never Enough

Summit County Co.Summit Stage free[img]
Screenshot_2017-01-31-09-42-04.png
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.