The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Closings

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
JontanaButter87

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

JontanaButter87 wrote:
Capture.PNG
Yeah I saw that earlier and couldn't believe it. Gotta be for marketing.
WOOOOOO!

theKENDOG
Expert

Sugar's home page is cached. It's currently 39.1 at the base and 36.8 at the summit. Humidity is 88-90%. They have been watering the lawn now for hours. Seriously can't believe this.
WOOOOOO!

skipanther
Advanced

Wee hours of the morning and temps in the mid 40s and still blowing,blowing $$ that is!
theKENDOG
Expert

Woodsrider427 wrote:
theKENDOG wrote:
Woodsrider427 wrote:
Kendog, how bad was App? We were thinking about possibly heading up this weekend for a night session.
It wasn't bad at all but had less snow than I thought it would. With another week of warm and rain I doubt it'll be that great this weekend.
Thanks for the info, I guess we'll have to rethink our plans. Such a bummer.
I wrote about it this morning, but everything looks hella better than I thought it would at this point in the week. The snow has melted for sure, but not nearly as much as I was anticipating. App might be fun tomorrow.
WOOOOOO!

skipanther
Advanced

Sugar is closed tonight due to weather and hope to open tomorrow,I say they won't open til at least Friday!That is the 5th casualty of this hideous weather,will Beech survive?
theKENDOG
Expert

skipanther wrote:Sugar is closed tonight due to weather and hope to open tomorrow,I say they won't open til at least Friday!That is the 5th casualty of this hideous weather,will Beech survive?
The top of Beech was looking bad today and the middle of Upper Shawneehaw had a huge brown spot. Can't imagine they will open tomorrow with the heavy rain tonight.
WOOOOOO!

skipanther
Advanced

Let's get this crappy weather over with,I'm hoping for an unusually cold Feb and March!
skipanther
Advanced

I count Sugar as one of the several ski area casualties of this hideous thaw,they may claim to be open but really should be closed!