The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Closings

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Woodsrider427
Beginner

theKENDOG wrote:
Woodsrider427 wrote:
theKENDOG wrote:
I was at App today and I don't think they will make it to next week.
Kendog, how bad was App? We were thinking about possibly heading up this weekend for a night session.
It wasn't bad at all but had less snow than I thought it would. With another week of warm and rain I doubt it'll be that great this weekend.
Thanks for the info, I guess we'll have to rethink our plans. Such a bummer.
Tmiller72
Expert

I drive by App everyday and it looks ok. I'm surprised to hear they might not make it. I was at Sugar last Thursday and the thin/bare spots were very surprising to see. They probably won't make it. The season is slipping away fast.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Tmiller72 wrote:I drive by App everyday and it looks ok. I'm surprised to hear they might not make it. I was at Sugar last Thursday and the thin/bare spots were very surprising to see. They probably won't make it. The season is slipping away fast.
Yeah maybe I'm being too pessimistic, it was just really slushy out there today and a week of temps in the 50's combined with rain this weekend has me worried. I would say the groomers have a long week ahead of spreading out snow, but that might make it worse.
WOOOOOO!

theKENDOG
Expert

Woodsrider427 wrote:
theKENDOG wrote:
Woodsrider427 wrote:
Kendog, how bad was App? We were thinking about possibly heading up this weekend for a night session.
It wasn't bad at all but had less snow than I thought it would. With another week of warm and rain I doubt it'll be that great this weekend.
Thanks for the info, I guess we'll have to rethink our plans. Such a bummer.
Just keep an eye on the weather and the webcams out there. I could just be a Debbie Downer looking at weather forecasts and models.
WOOOOOO!

Tmiller72
Expert

Can't blame you for being a Debbie Downer. The season has been one big Debbie Downer so far.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
skipanther
Advanced

I was real proud of the ski areas for this 1st week of ridiculous weather but the next 10 days just looks awful!Kind of reminds me of the scene in The Perfect Storm in which the boat gets thrashed around but then they see the sun and Mark Walburg says "I think we're going to make it Skippah!"Then the dark ominous clouds close in and on the horizen is a 100 ft wave crashing down on them!
RMacSki
Advanced

diverting a cat trip up to perfect north. looks like they are doing very well up there this winter.
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
skipanther
Advanced

skipanther wrote:Which ski areas do you think will close 1st due to warm weather and rain,I say Cat will close followed by Ober-Gat and maybe Sapphire Valley,The Cloudmont is probably already closed,what say you?
I am correctamundo Cat just closed,cold weather can't get here soon enough! :(
theKENDOG
Expert

skipanther wrote:
skipanther wrote:Which ski areas do you think will close 1st due to warm weather and rain,I say Cat will close followed by Ober-Gat and maybe Sapphire Valley,The Cloudmont is probably already closed,what say you?
I am correctamundo Cat just closed,cold weather can't get here soon enough! :(
So did Wolf.
WOOOOOO!

Ga Skier
Intermediate
Tagline: Days on Snow...... Never Enough

Either I'm hallucinating or is sugar making snow per the web cams.