The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Sugar Base Cam?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
jt3
Intermediate

I know they play games all the time with that thing... moving the angles, turning on and off at weird times, etc. now the occasional test pattern with some coding info or something about cable connections. What are they trying to accomplish? mystery of the reveal of epic pow conditions??
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

They're using some old camera that they have to plug into a computer and encode before sending it to their hosting provider. My guess is the computer turns off or something. I wish they'd replace it with the same model they have at the top of the mountain. I also wish they'd host with us.
WOOOOOO!

jt3
Intermediate

i wish they would hire you guys to do it correctly! nice work today..!
I Ski
Beginner

They will not hire it out because they can't control it as easy then.
Tmiller72
Expert

Sugar is on the cutting edge of marketing and social media! Said no one ever.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

And just like that, I think they upgraded their base cam.
WOOOOOO!

Tmiller72
Expert

Maybe the top one too. Instead of the camera swinging, it now changes views like a 1992 public access show.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
jt3
Intermediate

ha! it sure does. upgrade and step back...I liked the view down the lift line. thats gone..