The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Buying boots in Charlotte?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
skipanther
Advanced

I bought mine from the shop off the Waterville Valley exit in NH,they are even that much more knowledgeable about ski equipment up there!
yardsale
Expert

David Carterpro wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:39 pm Buying boots in the city is a mistake for two reasons most city shop employee's don't have the experience that an area shop employee has. A city shop probably in the south see's less than 50 boot problems a season, unless there selling boots that are too big, makes for an easy sale. Where a good boot fitter at a ski area might see that every 2 weeks. Mostly fixing boots sold in the city, especially the south or mass merchandisers. The problem you'll run into in North Carolina or worse from the guy in South Carolina passing him self off as a Master Boot fitter. It takes years and thousands of boots to become a master boot fitter not a dollar store certificate that takes a weekend to acquire, Your best bet in North Carolina is to locate one of two boot fitters. Brian Britton who worked at all of the three area shops in front of Sugar Mtn or Donavan Carroll who works for Alpine ski center neither which I've seen in a while. But knowing their passion for the sport I think you will find them, Call the local ski patrol, they worked on there boots quite often. I met Brian on the slopes my boot didn't fit my sugar mtn ski rental a ski patrol called over a snowboarder to see if he could help, I thought to myself how can this punk snowboarder fix my ski at the very top of sugar, well he did with his car keys and by the end of our vacation me and my wife had the best fitting boots imaginable and he took the time to instruct us in every facet of skiing and boot know how, at the end he sent us to Donavan Carrol across the street to make sure nothing fit better, Good Luck this season your boots do not have to hurt.
thanks for the info. welcome to the board
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: