The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

I Made the Front Page!

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Old Fart
Beginner

IMO, the root problem is population growth. Everything else is a side effect. We no longer have wars that kill of people by the millions. No diseases or plagues that wipe out massive numbers of people. I don't know what the actual carrying capacity of the earth is but we are surely approaching it. We need a good epidemic that wipes out about 20% of the world's population.

davidski
Expert

I'm just glad these fiesty little companies like Exxon, Shell, BP and Koch Industries are standing up for us small folk against the savage lies of Al Gore and his ilk .. and without a thought for themselves. I for one hail their benevolance.
Ga Skier
Intermediate
Tagline: Days on Snow...... Never Enough

killglobalwarmingnow wrote:On a similar note, tot sure if SKISE community is still hibernating or extinct
It's get deader than 4:00 around here these daze,it's a shame too :(
L Bear
Beginner

Give it till this weekend. I bet the cold snap with possible winter precip at SS will give this place a buzz.
Aasnider
Beginner

Yeah I saw the possibility for some flurries at higher elevations along the NC/ TN line. In light of the first snow page, someone may luck up. As a snow optimist, if there even a tiny chance then I get all excited!
safeTmanEd
Beginner

I don't know what the actual carrying capacity of the earth is but we are surely approaching it. We need a good epidemic that wipes out about 20% of the world's population.

The only problem with that is.....nobody wants to be in that 20%! Are you volunteering?
"Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." -- Einstein