The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

New Gear

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
davidski
Expert

Dammit it's the last time, I will only make purchases every third year from this second year forward until next year which will count as the first year.

Bought Fischer ranger 108s today, now I have to figure out how I will shift around my bindings and stuff.

Any other new stuff out there? Am I the sole gear junkie?
liquidcowboy
Beginner

No I am looking at new bindings this season as well. Just got new boots and other gear end of last season and now I want the new Flow NX2 Hybrid rear entry bindings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Scarpa Freedom SL boots off steepncheap, still looking for tech binding to put on the Fischer Watea 101s I got last year.
davidski
Expert

well spydee as you know I will talk tech bindings for a while. I've skied nothing but pin bindings the last two years and while I don't ski esp. hard they never failed me (except when they should)

now all the tech world from G3 Ion to DynafitsII have changed their hole pattern supposedly to increase performance but as all us little fools know it's just to make things proprietary. So I am snagging as many old school (meaning two years old, prehistoric really) tech bindings as I can -- with my swap plate for alpine bindings ,Rossi Axial or Pivots I think I will be fine till my knees explode
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Almost pulled trigger on used pair of Rossi Soul7 mounted with Dynafit Vertical ST (ebay). Went for $366 which seems like good deal. No pics/mention on condition of Soul bases but bindings looked good.

Have my eye on a pair of 15/16 Fritschi Diamir Vipec 12s. Can get previous model $100 cheaper but several reviews reported some issues.
skiing rules
Expert

If the skis and bindings were in good shape that would be a good deal.

I bought an ortovox 3+ on Amazon the other night! I've had to borrow beacons the last few times out. My old one sucks and kinda stopped working effectively
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

skiing rules wrote:If the skis and bindings were in good shape that would be a good deal.
Agree and had there been proof of ski condition then I probably would have done it, but then again I already have the Soul7 so I would have sold them.
skiing rules
Expert

I got my touring setup for around $500 combined. I found really good deals on the skis on evo and the dynafit speed turns from skimo.com. I'm a fan of good used gear but it was definitely nice having a new set up. I couldn't pass on bnib dynafits for $220
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Did you get the speed turn 2.0? I've been considering those also.
skiing rules
Expert

Speed turns. I got them last fall or summer sometime. The only real difference in the 2.0's is the mounting pattern I think. They are good bindings. I've been very impressed