The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

New Gear

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
davidski
Expert

that's funny I bought the same bindings also from Skimo-- when I bought them I had questions and called on my way to work here at about 7;30, pretty stupid as that is 5:30 ther? I think. Dude still answered all my questions
davidski
Expert

I have had to tweak them and the soles of my boots. I put a plate under the toe to make stance flatter and that made the sole rub on my boots. Which really did cause releases ... but a little grinding and cutting on the vibram boot toe and all has been good.

If it's easy everyone would do it.
skiing rules
Expert

I've gotten used to skiing light weight setups. I used alpine boots and some of ski atls skis mounted with guardians and it wore me out. 185 line pollard opus with guardian 16 is absurdly heavy. I'm not a big fan of the crossover bindings like dukes,etc. super heavy and they eventually get sloppy. To me the boots affect my inbounds performance a lot more tha. The dynafits. I had to be careful and really slow down a lot when coming through firm moguls and old chunder at Brighton. The groomer performance is great though. Assuming it's somewhat soft and not NC boilerplate.
skipink
Expert

No new gear for me. Instead I get UTAH!!!
"Nothing changes if nothing changes."
Ga Skier
Intermediate
Tagline: Days on Snow...... Never Enough

skipink wrote:No new gear for me. Instead I get UTAH!!!
Fair trade off
Aasnider
Beginner

I just got a new snowboard (ride buckwild 151) and bindings (flow nx2's). Not sure how many snowboarders are on the message board. I've been riding the same setup since I was 17 (I'm now 24). I got brand new last years gear at about 50% off, it was time for an upgrade.
davidski
Expert

skipink wrote:No new gear for me. Instead I get UTAH!!!
When? I want to go
liquidcowboy
Beginner

Aasnider wrote:I just got a new snowboard (ride buckwild 151) and bindings (flow nx2's). Not sure how many snowboarders are on the message board. I've been riding the same setup since I was 17 (I'm now 24). I got brand new last years gear at about 50% off, it was time for an upgrade.
I am shopping for new Flow NX2 GTs myself. Still debating to put them on my Burton Custom or get a new Arbor Coda Camber Premium for this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
L Bear
Beginner

I'm sure this isn't on par for this thread, but I'm buying mittens this year. Every other year, I'm all like "Oh yeah, L Bear, these gloves are waaaay nicer than my old gloves. These are like an R25. No way my fingers are getting cold." Nope. Is there a saying for fool me thrice? Nevertheless, I'm buying mittens.
Aasnider
Beginner

liquidcowboy wrote:
I am shopping for new Flow NX2 GTs myself. Still debating to put them on my Burton Custom or get a new Arbor Coda Camber Premium for this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the hybrids, I wasn't too sure about loosing my toe cap. I have always ridden in traditional strap in bindings, so I liked that they go both ways and you can adjust them while your boot is in them. I ride once or twice a year with some family that skis and they either have to wait a second for me to strap in or I end up having to catch up, so I'm hoping the flows will speed up my chair to slope time.