The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

First Snow of 2016/17 Season

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
skipanther
Advanced

A dusting on the mountain tops doesn't really count!
skipanther
Advanced

It should be at least an inch down to the 4,000 ft level,that doesn't seem to be the case here!
Aasnider
Beginner

2slikstix wrote:
At least 1 inch at a NC ski resort verified by someone on the ground in the High country.
I'm not sure if anyone has officially confirmed at an NC ski resort but I saw that Grandfather mountain reported 1.5 inches. I would assume beech got an inch. I have not seen an official number from up there... Anyone out there to confirm?
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Aasnider wrote:
2slikstix wrote:
At least 1 inch at a NC ski resort verified by someone on the ground in the High country.
I'm not sure if anyone has officially confirmed at an NC ski resort but I saw that Grandfather mountain reported 1.5 inches. I would assume beech got an inch. I have not seen an official number from up there... Anyone out there to confirm?
This was on Beech.

WOOOOOO!

yardsale
Expert

theKENDOG wrote:
Aasnider wrote:
2slikstix wrote:
This was on Beech.

looks like an inch to me. what'd i win?
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
Aasnider
Beginner

Haha I just now realized what you did there yardsale. Good call, always bet to win! And that looks like an inch to me! Just checked out Brad Panovich's forecast SkiSE forecast! We're heading up Thursday after work so it looks like conditions will be spot on for our trip! Anyone want to speculate as to if we will see some more terrain open up, than what has already been opened this year, specifically on Sugar and Beech? I'm ready for some blacks to open!
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Aasnider wrote:Haha I just now realized what you did there yardsale. Good call, always bet to win! And that looks like an inch to me! Just checked out Brad Panovich's forecast SkiSE forecast! We're heading up Thursday after work so it looks like conditions will be spot on for our trip! Anyone want to speculate as to if we will see some more terrain open up, than what has already been opened this year, specifically on Sugar and Beech? I'm ready for some blacks to open!
I doubt anything new will be open. They'll all be starting from scratch again for the most part. Looking forward to Beech on Saturday though!
WOOOOOO!

jt3
Intermediate

also looking forward to first sessions this weekend. thinking Sat eve into Sunday. Snowmaking temps look good. Beech looked half decent on the cams very early today, but poor sugar is hurting. Interesting seeing difference between traffic and groomers on it and leaving the hill alone. Sugar def starting over completely.