The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Snowshoe WT

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Took a day trip to SS Sunday. Inquired some peeps about changes for '15-16 season. Better snowmaking on WT runs Cupp and Shays I was told to get WT open earlier in season. Here's the evidence on Cupp......must be new lines.

SnowshoeGuy
Beginner

Thanks - been wondering about this.

I can't understand why they are so quiet about this. They hyped it up at the end of the season as their BIG improvement then said nothing about it all.

Any sign of new guns?
MrClemsonKeri
Expert

Interesting.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

SnowshoeGuy wrote:Thanks - been wondering about this.

I can't understand why they are so quiet about this. They hyped it up at the end of the season as their BIG improvement then said nothing about it all.

Any sign of new guns?
No sign of new guns but I suspect there will be. New lines alone don't do much to improve capacity without more efficient guns. There was no evidence of other planned improvements that management mentioned during the wine/geeze gathering at the last summit. These included: replacing ball-hooter lift with 6pack and moving it to powdermonkey, replacing boathouse with larger building.
SnowshoeGuy
Beginner

spydeeTJB wrote: There was no evidence of other planned improvements that management mentioned during the wine/geeze gathering at the last summit. These included: replacing ball-hooter lift with 6pack and moving it to powdermonkey, replacing boathouse with larger building.
Thx I'm heading down next weekend for an HOA meeting. I'll see if I can dig up any scoop.

Of course they planned the meeting right in the middle of the WVU game ..... damn old farts do not have their priorities straight.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

SnowshoeGuy wrote:
spydeeTJB wrote: There was no evidence of other planned improvements that management mentioned during the wine/geeze gathering at the last summit. These included: replacing ball-hooter lift with 6pack and moving it to powdermonkey, replacing boathouse with larger building.
Thx I'm heading down next weekend for an HOA meeting. I'll see if I can dig up any scoop.

Of course they planned the meeting right in the middle of the WVU game ..... damn old farts do not have their priorities straight.
Check your PM
SnowshoeGuy
Beginner

replied
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

WOOOOOO!

Enceladus57
Beginner

I am looking into buying a unit at Snowshoe. Any advice about what I am getting into? I would probably spend most of the winter in the unit but would need to rent it out at some point during the year to defray costs. I appreciate any tips offered.
SnowshoeGuy
Beginner

theKENDOG wrote:
Awesome.