The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

New High Speed lift and relocating existing at Sugar!

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Paul
Beginner

theKENDOG wrote:Sugar's summit cam was working today. Look how far up the hill the new terminal is! No more pushing off to get to the top of the slope!
That is great news! Base terminal appears to be coming along as well.

adm1n
Intermediate

Check out the front page story on updates. I was speaking with my good friend and director of the ski school, etc. (Len Bauer) yesterday and he was as giddy as a kid at Christmas. Almost beside himself.

Visit the front page story at: http://www.skisoutheast.com/sugar-mountains-new-lift/

More news coming from around the region...soon.
hardware
Intermediate

I am pretty excited about the new lift(s) myself.

Hopefully I catch up with 2slix and others this year for some mid week turns.
johnmelton
Beginner

anyone notice how tall the last three towers are to get up to the top station, it's going to be quite a fun angle change at high speed, the only thing I don't like about how high the last three towers and summit station are is the potential exposure to high winds on the top of the mountain.
nooboarderjames
Intermediate

Has anyone been up there in the past few weeks? Found out I might have a place to crash at Sugar this year so I might be boarding there.
Paul
Beginner

nooboarderjames wrote:Has anyone been up there in the past few weeks? Found out I might have a place to crash at Sugar this year so I might be boarding there.
I took these pics two weeks ago:

Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

Thanks for the pics, Paul! Looks like the new sixer is coming along nicely. I have been checking the webcam from time to time, just to see the progress. Their website won't load today... I can't know how long it has been like that.
I will most likely be up that way in the next month, I will post an update pic. Can't wait to slam some hammes on that thing!
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!
nooboarderjames
Intermediate

Sweet. Thanks for pics Paul. I might take a ride up there. Depends on the wife's work schedule this weekend. If I do I'll be sure to post some pics.
yardsale
Expert

Paul wrote:
nooboarderjames wrote:Has anyone been up there in the past few weeks? Found out I might have a place to crash at Sugar this year so I might be boarding there.
I took these pics two weeks ago:

bummer, now you'll be scooting across rocks instead of mud to get to the lift!
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
Dracan6
Expert
Tagline: Ready, set, see ya'!

LOL, maybe they bought some more rugs for the lodge that they can drag out.
17-18 Just a wk at Breck. "Got Oxegen?" Is real!