The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

New High Speed lift and relocating existing at Sugar!

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Sweet!!! Gondola city real soon.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
jt3
Intermediate

from the current cams, I don't see how they are going to finish this in time to open. Im not a construction guy, but seems like a ton to do yet.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

you arent lying
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

jt3 wrote:from the current cams, I don't see how they are going to finish this in time to open. Im not a construction guy, but seems like a ton to do yet.
I still think they're going to use the existing concrete tower pads and helicopter the new towers in.
WOOOOOO!

jt3
Intermediate

perhaps KD. But they are pouring new forms and have sunk some solid footers in the ground at the bottom. maybe it all comes pretty assembled, just play, bolt and string up?
sts9shredder
Beginner

It does seem like a lot of work left to do but I have noticed over the years at all ski resorts whether corporate western or small NC ones they ALL push their construction projects into September, October, and November. The reason for that is because as a seasonal business they don't want to have to cut the check for the finished project until as close as they can to having income again mid November and December. Of course they have to place down payments and a few installments as progress is made but ultimately for cash flow reasons they want to write the last check as they start selling lift tickets again. Obviously these types of improvements are likely financed however the payments on them are probably pretty hefty and they still don't want to be forking them out before they

I noticed even at Vail when they were installing a new six pack they were finishing up the terminals when they were getting 8-10" snowstorms in early November.

I can't wait for this six pack to open even though i won't be able to drink a whole six pack on the way up the mtn anymore.
codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

jt3 wrote:perhaps KD. But they are pouring new forms and have sunk some solid footers in the ground at the bottom. maybe it all comes pretty assembled, just play, bolt and string up?
I think you are right on.
Think snowmaking temps.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

WOOOOOO!

yardsale
Expert

weirdest terrain park features i've ever seen
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
L Bear
Beginner

but an upgrade nonetheless