The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Upcoming Season Purchases?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
carvebeast
Advanced

as all the new boards, outerwear, bindings, boot, etc. start to roll out for 11/12, its time to start asking the age old question...what gear are you pickin up for the upcoming season? discuss questions, ideas, opinions, etc. on stuff you need/want in this thread!

i'll start. two main priorities im hoping to purchase before opening day:

1.) new park board to compliment the trs. currently leaning heavily towards a ns evo but there are a few other options im still considering.

2.) new boots. pretty much the only burton gear i own are my 09(?) burton hails, and i have absolutely destroyed them, packed them out, shredded the laces, etc. i NEED a new pair. i will say, im generally not a big fan of a lot of burton products, but the hails were a good softer boot that lasted me a long while without too many complaints. interested in trying on some of the nike offerings when i get a chance to see how i feel about those.
jamsandwich
Expert

heard the abc store was already carrying this season's models of the elijah craig line. prob pick a few of those up to start.

maybe a go pro too
GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

Forum Destroyer board and a large stock of Sammy Smith Imperial stouts.
carvebeast
Advanced

@GrizzlyEnton 246253 wrote:Forum Destroyer board and a large stock of Sammy Smith Imperial stouts.

just for the sake of conversation, what made you decide on the destroyer dude? not sure we ever discussed it...
GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

@carvebeast 246254 wrote:just for the sake of conversation, what made you decide on the destroyer dude? not sure we ever discussed it...

well i was looking at the youngblood but after reading reviews i decided on the destroyer. It's only 20$ more for more than 20$ worth of board plus the graphics are way more toned down compared to the youngblood. Did take a look at DC boards but after talking to one of the park peeps at App said if you do anything other than jib the DC isn't very good, so we shall see if forum's gear is worth the price.
carvebeast
Advanced

what type of board is it? what features made you want it? im just curious, i know nothing about forum boards except that they are really burton boards (which isnt a bad thing). sweet, i love talkin boards in the summer!
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

I think I'm gonna get a little kid's board and rip in the park.
WOOOOOO!

carvebeast
Advanced

@theKENDOG 246262 wrote:I think I'm gonna get a little kid's board and rip in the park.

you already have one you dang hobbit.
GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

softer flex twin tip rocker board figured it would suit my fun on the mountain and transition to the park better than my ride board. Yeah with burton owning forum the tech hand downs are a big plus for forum and I can be pretty sure my bindings are gonna match up with the forum.
GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

this is perfect for kenny Gnu 125cm http://www.proboardshop.com/9825gkr8zz-gnu-k-rove.html