The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
pagamony
Advanced

so i thought i would bring my daughter and her friend up here to winterplace tonight. bad idea. friend goes all cold and whiney after 30 minutes. i got in 2 good runs on my own, 4 mediocre runs, and 1 lousy run back to the car lot. and it was only about 30F, no wind, absolutely superb snow, and 1 minute lift lines.

tomorrow better be better. arggggggg. :x

otoh, my girl looks like she just about has a 180 mastered.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

pagamony wrote:
so i thought i would bring my daughter and her friend up here to winterplace tonight. bad idea. friend goes all cold and whiney after 30 minutes. i got in 2 good runs on my own, 4 mediocre runs, and 1 lousy run back to the car lot. and it was only about 30F, no wind, absolutely superb snow, and 1 minute lift lines.

tomorrow better be better. arggggggg. :x

otoh, my girl looks like she just about has a 180 mastered.

Great news about the 180...onward to bigger and better tricks!

The rest sounds almost like a museum trip w/ the kids...I truly feel for you. Good luck tomorrow!
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
BirdDawg
Beginner

I feel your pain.......... :(
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

good luck man. Can you say ski school?
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
KevinS
Beginner

I have had pretty good luck with my two. The older one never wants to leave the slope and the younger is good for a four hour session but starts to talk about going in after about 3hrs. I wouldn't think of taking any friends of their's unless their parents went too.

Mine are 6 and 7, BTW, and this is their second season but only 3 trips for each. Its fun to watch them learn.
hnhbaxter
Expert

GreshamB wrote:
The danger in skiing with teh cheese...MAN LOVIN!!!! EEEK

(repost from teh good 'ol days)

Now thats funny...I don't care how many times you post it cause it just keeps gettin funnier. :lol:
skiing rules
Expert

speaking of the chees, wasn't it found out that it was one of toast's aliases? i remeber selkirk claimed to have known him
hnhbaxter
Expert

skiing rules wrote:
speaking of the chees, wasn't it found out that it was one of toast's aliases? i remeber selkirk claimed to have known him

you mean we actually had Cheese Toast?
KevinS
Beginner

All cheese comments aside, can that kid really be learning anything from that? Skiiing backward in front of mine is as close to that as I have come.
pagamony
Advanced

in a odd way, i sort of miss teh cheese.

the girls are 10 each. i actually thought this was a good idea. double argggggggg.