The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Wintergreen This Friday

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Woodsrider427
Beginner

Are there any Wintergreen regulars here that would have a guess as to whether or not it would be crowded on Friday being before the holiday weekend? I wonder how many people might take an extra day. I was planning to go but just realized it was MLK weekend.
davidski
Expert

I will be there tomorrow, I'll post something here and on the main page on Friday

I suspect crowdwise Friday will be great. and weatherwise also great but possibly wet at some point
Woodsrider427
Beginner

davidski wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:09 pm I will be there tomorrow, I'll post something here and on the main page on Friday

I suspect crowdwise Friday will be great. and weatherwise also great but possibly wet at some point
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought about changing it to tomorrow but I skied Sugar today so I need to see if I'm up to the drive again in the morning.
marzski
Advanced

I wouldn't worry about lift lines on Friday at Wintergreen before MLK Weekend. Most people staying for the weekend will drive after school or work on Friday. Might leave mid-afternoon but they won't be skiing before day tickets time out.

I've been to Massanutten on Fridays before MLK Day. Been a few years, but never ran into a crowd.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
davidski
Expert

Marzski what did you think of my Colorado report? the extended version?
davidski
Expert

Tomorrow I''ll be in green helmet and orange goggles, oversized stickered up skis... please do say Hi
Woodsrider427
Beginner

davidski wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 pm Tomorrow I''ll be in green helmet and orange goggles, oversized stickered up skis... please do say Hi
I wasn't able to make it today, forgot I had told my daughter I would take her for her next driver's license step. I hope you are having a good day. I'll likely head up tomorrow as originally planned. Thanks.
brigand
Beginner

Went to WG yesterday, and all open except Outer Limits, Upper Turkey, and Big Acorn. Decent conditions - Lower Cliffhanger was quite crusty, and after a few runs down it, I tended to stick to Lower Turkey, but other than that I didn't hit any icy spots. Acorn and Upper Turkey had snow on them, so they may open them up for the holiday weekend. I think you should have a decent trip if the crowds aren't too bad.
Woodsrider427
Beginner

brigand wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:37 pm Went to WG yesterday, and all open except Outer Limits, Upper Turkey, and Big Acorn. Decent conditions - Lower Cliffhanger was quite crusty, and after a few runs down it, I tended to stick to Lower Turkey, but other than that I didn't hit any icy spots. Acorn and Upper Turkey had snow on them, so they may open them up for the holiday weekend. I think you should have a decent trip if the crowds aren't too bad.
Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I went to Sugar yesterday and the conditions were great in the morning.