The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Guntherland

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
skipanther
Advanced

Is looking pretty pathetic,nobody is skiing and I don't blame them for 72 hard earned dollars!
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Couldn't believe they were open today.
WOOOOOO!

theKENDOG
Expert

They are open. Oh my. Image
WOOOOOO!

skipanther
Advanced

Hey mud skiing,about as good as snow,FUN!Maybe that rain/snow mix tonight will help keep them open,I bet they even start blowing!
skipanther
Advanced

I think it has more to do w/not laying off employees,but I'm just guessing,5 other ski areas closed down so who knows!
GrizzlyEnton
Advanced

During my season at beech we had a thaw early December with rain, granted not this long or intense. The plug was pulled when the known amount of snow you could make wasn't enough to keep up with the loss. At the same time the resort saved costs by sending people home from all areas of the resort. Sugar has always kept open during these times and seen them open with worse. I don't think any bad press they may receive has ever bothered them. Unfortunately I think what we see late seasons took hold this January (warm temps in much of the southeast) and people not having skiing on their mind.
OldSchool
Intermediate
Tagline: ......................I Love Cold, Rain and Snow!

A few seasons ago...

All that snow on that new gunthers way trail they worked so hard on to cover with snow first...

that melted first..... would have been a nice deep base that lasted on the area that is now bobby brown with groomed brown..with brown terd edges....
"Like Tater tots in the broiler"........ sometimes they smoke

Hey Bo! Hamme one dem beers!...
RMacSki
Advanced

Sugar is teh devil
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
swamphox
Expert

Well rather than bash Sugar....how about Kudos to APP. Check out their webcam today versus the pic of Sugar above from several days ago.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
theKENDOG
Expert

swamphox wrote:Well rather than bash Sugar....how about Kudos to APP. Check out their webcam today versus the pic of Sugar above from several days ago.
True dat.
WOOOOOO!