LEFTOVER FLAKES UP NORTH

HERE’S THE SKIER’S FORECAST FOR THE MIDATLANTIC AND SOUTHEAST RESORTS:

For WISP, TIMBERLINE & CANAAN…. Ending the week today with a 40% chance of light snow into the early afternoon with a high around 18 degrees. New snow accumulations around a dusting to an inch. A 20% light snow chance for tonight with lows in the middle teens (around a half inch of new snow possible). Snow showers (40%) to kick off the weekend with temperatures near 30 degrees Saturday afternoon.

SNOWSHOE…. A 30% chance of snow showers this morning, with a dusting to an inch possible, then mostly cloudy with temperatures in the upper teens. Skies will be clear tonight with gusty west winds as high as 25 mph. Lows will dip into the mid teens, with wind chills around 2 degrees. Clouding up again on Saturday with a 20% chance of light snow and highs in the upper 20’s.

WINTERGREEN…. Sunny and cold for today temperatures in the upper 20’s. Skies will be clear tonight with lows in the middle 20’s. The weekend starts off with partly cloudy skies and highs in the upper 40’s on Saturday.

OBER GATLINBURG….Sunshine returns today with temperatures in the middle 40’s. Skies are clear tonight with lows in the lower and middle 20’s. The weekend starts off on a mild note with partly cloudy skies and readings in the low 50’s.

HERE’S THE OUTLOOK FOR THE WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS….
A cold morning with single-digit wind chills. The week wraps up today with partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the low 30’s.. Clear skies for tonight with a low around 20 degrees. Highs will climb into the middle 40’s on Saturday with partly cloudy skies to kick off the weekend. Isolated rain showers (20%) Saturday evening may change to light snow overnight as temperatures fall into the middle 20’s.

Submitted by Meteorologist Marcus Lynch