IT WON’T BE LONG NOW

HERE’S THE SKIER’S FORECAST FOR THE MIDATLANTIC AND SOUTHEAST RESORTS:
Snow Is In Sight…

For WISP, TIMBERLINE and CANAAN…. . Through the weekend, look for likely rain showers on Sunday with highs in the upper 40’s and lower 50’s. More rain at night (80%) with a low around 40 degrees. More rain on Monday (70%) with highs in the middle 40’s. Colder air on Monday night will convert leftover moisture to snow showers (50%) and lows in the low 20’s. Snow showers continue on Tuesday with chilly temperatures in the middle 20’s.

At SNOWSHOE…. A 70% rain chance for Sunday with a high near 50 degrees. More wet weather on Monday (80% chance) with highs in the upper 40’s. Colder air on Monday night will change leftover moisture to snow showers (60%) and lows in the low 20’s. There will be enough leftover moisture and cold air for a 50% snow chance on Tuesday with highs in the upper 20’s.

WINTERGREEN, VA and OBER GATLINBURG…. Rain showers continue on Sunday (30% chance) with upper 50’s and lower 60’s on the mercury. Rain lingers into Monday (50% chance) with highs in the upper 50’s. Rain showers linger into Monday night before ending late at Wintergreen with lows in the upper 30’s. Showers continue into Tuesday for Ober Gatlinburg (40%) with highs in the low 40’s.

HERE’S THE OUTLOOK FOR THE WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS….

Even warmer for Sunday with more scattered showers (30%) and a high around 60 degrees. Overnight lows will be mild with readings generally in the low and middle 40’s. The rain odds go up Monday (70% chance) with highs in the upper 50’s. As temperatures fall into the lower 30’s on Monday night, rain showers (60% chance) may change over to show showers by early Tuesday morning. A 40% chance of light snow Tuesday with temperatures in the upper 30’s.