IS IT NEW YEAR’S OR EASTER WEEKEND ???

HERES’ THE SKIER’S FORECAST FOR THE MIDATLANTIC AND SOUTHEAST RESORTS:

Maybe a few wet snowflakes up North for early 2007…

For WISP, TIMBERLINE and CANAAN…. Starting the Holiday weekend with partly cloudy skies and a high in the middle and upper 40’s. Lows bottom out around 30 for Saturday night with clouds on the increase. New Year’s Eve will bring rain showers (60%) ahead of an approaching front with a high around 50 degrees. More rain Sunday night into New Year’s Day (70%) with temperatures in the middle 40’s. By Monday night, rain showers change to light snow as temperatures fall into the low 30’s. Just enough lingering moisture by Tuesday for a chance of scattered rain and snow showers (30%) with temperatures in the upper 30’s.

At SNOWSHOE…. Partly cloudy skies for today with a high near 50 degrees. Lows bottom out around 30 for tonight with clouds on the increase. New Year’s Eve will bring rain showers (60%) ahead of an approaching front with a high in the upper 40’s. Ringing in the New Year on a wet note with temperatures in the upper 40’s. By Monday night, rain showers change to light snow as temperatures fall into the low 30’s. Some lingering snow showers on Tuesday.

WINTERGREEN, VA & OBER GATLINBURG, TN – Today brings mostly sunny skies with highs in the low and middle 50’s.. Lows bottom out around 34 degrees for tonight with clouds on the increase at Wintergreen. Ober Gatlinburg will see middle 40’s and a 40% rain chance. New Year’s Eve will bring rain showers (80%) with a high in the upper 40’s for Wintergreen and middle 50’s in Ober Gatlinburg. Rain continues on New Year’s Day with a high in the lower 50’s. Sunshine returns for Tuesday with highs in the upper 40’s and lower 50’s.

HERE’S THE OUTLOOK FOR THE WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS….

Clouds and sun to kick off the weekend with highs in the lower 50’s. Isolated showers (20%) develop toward the evening with lows bottoming out in the upper 30’s. Rain chances increase to 60% for New Year’s Eve with a high in the lower 50’s. Warm and wet Sunday night with a low around 40 with showers lingering into New Year’s Day (50%) with a high near 50 degrees. Sunshine is back for Tuesday with low 40’s on the mercury.

SHARE
Previous articleGood Conditions – Limited Slopes – Winter Returns WHEN??
Next articleGet Out and Enjoy What Should be a Nice Day of Skiing!
Mike Doble
Mike is the Editor and founder of SkiSoutheast.com, SkiNC.com and ResortCams.com. Since September 1996 he has posted more than 13,000 posts, articles, photos and videos promoting all of the ski areas of North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland.Mike is the father of four daughters, is an avid skier and enjoys golf, tennis, kayaking and hiking in the mountains. Winter snowsports and Summer boating on Watauga Lake are among his favorite pastimes.