FAREWELL FEBRUARY

HERE’S THE SKIER’S FORECAST FOR THE MIDATLANTIC AND SOUTHEAST RESORTS:

For WISP, TIMBERLINE & CANAAN….. Skies will be partly cloudy today with highs in the upper 30’s. A slight chance (20%) of freezing rain moves in after midnight with lows in the upper 20’s. A bit warmer with cloudy skies and an 80% rain chance Thursday with highs in the lower 50’s. Rain tapers to scattered showers for Friday with cooler temperatures around 40 degrees.

SNOWSHOE…. Mostly sunny skies in session today with highs in the middle 30’s. Look for partly cloudy skies tonight with lows in the middle 20’s and south winds kicking up to around 20 mph at times. Warming up to around 45 degrees for Thursday with a 70% rain chance. A lingering morning shower Friday with highs in the upper 30’s.

WINTERGREEN…. Quite a jump in temperatures today with highs in the lower 50’s and sunny skies. Clear conditions for tonight with lows around 30 degrees. Another warm one for Thursday with lower 50’s and rain showers (70% chance) moving in for the afternoon. Lingering morning showers (30%) Friday with warmer temperatures in the middle 50’s.

OBER GATLINBURG…. Some bonus warmth for the last day of February with highs in the low 60’s. Clouds will be on the increase tonight with lows in the upper 30’s. Another warm one for Thursday with lower 60’s and rain showers (80% chance) and a possible rumble of thunder in the mix. Isolated morning showers possible Friday with highs in the middle 50’s.

HERE’S THE OUTLOOK FOR THE WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS….
We’ll send off the month of February today with sunny skies and temperatures in the middle 50’s. Clouds move in tonight with a 30% rain chance late and lows in the middle 30’s. An approaching cold front will give us a likely chance of rain and possible thunderstorms Thursday with highs in the middle 50’s. A degree or two cooler for Friday with lingering morning showers.
Submitted by Meteorologist Marcus Lynch